Caribbean: UNICEF Eastern Caribbean is all set to host a video competition for the children aged 12-17 in the region. Hosting under the title- “One Minute for My Rights, ”the adolescent video competition will ask the participants to talk about the rights of children.
UNICEF invited adolescents from around the Eastern Caribbean ages 12-17 to share their views about “Children’s Rights” in the form of a 60 second videos.
The deadline for the submission of the registration form is Friday, October 20, 2023. The prizes will also be given to the winners of the first, second and third places.
UNICEF Eastern Caribbean also announced the instructions for entering into the competition, which are:
- The participants will have to create a one-minute video on different themes given by UNICEF. There will be six themes discussing the importance of children’s rights in several fields such as education, sports and many more.
- The videos should be recorded in vertical mode.
- The length of the videos should not be exceeded more than one minute.
- The videos should be recorded in a well-lit area
- The audio should be efficient as it should be easily heard and understood.
- The participants will have to submit their videos via U-Report.
- In order to get more information and to submit their video, the participants will have to message the word RIGHTS to U-Report on their official contact number. They will also have to follow the prompts.
- The contestant who will secure the first position will receive the iPhone 12 as the prize.
- iPAD 10th Gen will be given to the contestant whose video will stand at the second position.
- The third prize is the Acer Aspire 5 Laptop. The third position holder will become able to secure the prize.
The competition is aimed to enhance the awareness among the children about their rights. It will also help them to understand right and wrong for them. The video making will also help in enhancing their skills with true education of the children rights.
UNICEF is worked for the child care and protection of their rights. It organized numerous competitions for the children of the Caribbean region to enhance their interaction with them.
Earlier, UNICCEF Caribbean also outlined the guidelines for the poster, essay ad research competition for the children aged 6 to 17.