Saint Lucia: The St. Lucia Labour Party has won the general elections with a massive victory by holding 12 seats out of 17. The elections took place on 26 July 2021.
Two seats have been won by independent candidates and two by the UWP- United Workers Party party, while the counting is still going in Gros Islet, in which the SLP is leading the counting.
The newly elected Prime Minister of the Caribbean island – Phillip J.Pierre, after the massive victory, thanked the citizens of St Lucia for showing their faith in him and SLP.
Following is the list of the candidates & the constituency they have won:-
- Candidate’s name Constituency name Party won
- Wayne Girard Anse la Raye/Canaries SLP
- Albert-Poyotte Babonneau Virginia SLP
- Richard Frederick Castries Central Independent
- Philip J Pierre Castries East SLP
- Stephenson King Castries North Independent
- Allen Chastanet Micoud South UWP
- Jeremiah Norbert Micoud North SLP
- Alva Baptiste Laborie SLP
- Paul Prospere Dennery South SLP
- Shawn Edward Dennery North SLP
- Bradley Felix Choiseul/Saltibus UWP
- Joachim Andre Castries South East SLP
- Ernest Hilaire Castries South SLP
- Kenny Anthony Vieux Fort South SLP
- Moses Jean Baptiste Vieux Fort North SLP
- Hippolyte Soufriere Emma SLP
- Gros Islet STILL COUNTING
The people of St Lucia went out on the streets to celebrate the victory, while the citizens of the Caribbean island have stated that they have a lot of hopes from the SLP government.
Earlier, the Political Advisor of the UWP government noted that this year the party would not win over three seats, and the predictions came true. While the predictions and ground reports of Associate Times also came true.
The last general elections took place in the year 2016, in which 11 seats were won by the UWP government, making Allen Chastanet as the Prime Minister, while six seats were won by the St Lucia Labour Party then.