Castries, St Lucia: Member of Parliament of Castries Constituency and Deputy Prime Minister of St Lucia Ernest Hilaire shared an update on the events related to International Women’s Month.
Hilaire further stated that the St Lucia Labour Party Castries South Constituency Group had celebrated International Women’s Day. He noted that the women of the following constituency had celebrated International Women’s Day and will celebrate Women’s Day for the entire month.
He remarked, “SLP Castries South Constituency Group celebrates its Women for International Women’s Day”.
Deputy PM Hilaire also shared an update on the programmes related to International Women’s’ Month.
The theme of International Women’s Month is Gender Equality today for a sustainable tomorrow. Another theme is Breaking the bias.
Here are the programmes related to International Women’s Month stated that:
- The National Anthem has firstly occurred in the event.
- Further, the prayers by Flora Renee has occurred in the events of International Women’s Month.
- Additionally, there would be the Welcome remarks by Ucilla Kirton, who is Castries South Constituency Women’s Officer. She will address the event and outline the significance of the upliftment in the participation of women in every field.
- Moreover, there would be an address by Dr Ernest Hilaire, who is hosting the event and also the Parliamentary Representative, who will also outline the participation of women.
- There will also be an award ceremony under the title of the Introduction of Community Awardees in which the authorities would honour the deserving women of St Lucia who have worked tirelessly for the upliftment of their particular sector.
- Further, there would also be a poem reciting in which they would sing a poem named “Women, A Star by Jnya and Jatoya Semper”.
In the entertainment programme in St Lucia, there would also be many programmes, which stated that:
- The Song would be Sang by all Women. In the Women’s Months, a singer named Shaggy also sang her Song named Strength of a Women.
- Further, there would also be an address by Prime Minister Philip J Pierre, who would also outline and encourage women to increase their participation.
- Marie Paul also extends gratitude and will present a vote of thanks to everyone who joined the events of International women’s Month.
- In the end, there would be a celebration with some sort of entertainment.
Anglina Byron, developed a deep-seated passion for journalism. Anglina is recognized for her tenacity, strength, and unwavering commitment to delivering honest and reliable news across the Caribbean. She covers general affairs of the region.