Castries, St Lucia: As St Lucia has been returning to some level of normalcy, the government has announced some relaxation of the COVID-19 protocols and is asked to remain vigilant and continue to follow the necessary infection prevention and control measures.
The Cabinet of St Lucia declared the new COVID-19 protocols for the period Saturday, July 2, 2022, to Saturday, August 27, 2022.
Read Here: Full details of the revised protocols of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- People who are fully vaccinated and travelling to the country have to show their proof of the COVID-19 vaccination on arrival. They do not require to go through the COVID tests.
- People who are unvaccinated and are travelling to the country are required to provide a negative PCR test taken within five days before their arrival.
- The travellers are no longer required to follow the quarantine measures.
- In accordance with the social gatherings, various mass crowd events, which include two hundred and more persons and all events, the organizers are required to submit their entire plans to National Emergency Management Organization NEMO.
- Further, the government of St Luci also authorized the COVID-19 home testing, and all restrictions on the importation of rapid antigen test kits have been removed.
- The rapid antigen test will be used as a screening tool, and they would require confirmation with a PCR test and positive antigen rapid tests against the COVID-19 pandemic are required to be reported to the Epidemiology Unit in the Ministry of Health within 24 hours.
- Every other protocol will remain in effect for this period.
The government of St Lucia also reminds the citizens to be more cautious, and everyone has to take personal responsibility and follow the COVID-19 protocols of wearing a face mask in public places and maintaining other sanitation measures. Further, they also urged people to get vaccinated as soon as possible.