St Kitts and Nevis: St Kitts announced the schedule of the cruise ships for May 2023. Five cruise ships will be docked at the ports of St Kitts during the end of the cruise season 2023. The arrival of the ships will be started on May 1, 2023.
READ HERE: Cruise schedule for May 2023
- On Monday, May 1, 2023: The name of the vessel is Celebrity Equinox
- On Wednesday, May 3, 2023: Borealis will voyage at the port of St Kitts
- On Saturday, May 6, 2023: Disney Magic will arrive at the port of the country on May 6
- On Tuesday, May 9, 2023: The name of the cruise which will grace the shores of St Kitts is Adventure of the Seas
- On Wednesday, May 31, 2023: The cruise ship Harmony of the Seas will dock on this day.
St Kitts witnessed a successful cruise season this year as it marks a huge hike in the arrival of passengers. During the period of January 2023, the cruise sector showed positive signs of recovery. There were 150,175 passengers who came to our shores in comparison to 46,513 passengers who visited in January 2022, an increase of 223%.
Recently, Minister of Tourism- Marsha Henderson also stated that the cruise sector continues to be a strong foundation pillar of the industry. The cruise season 2023 witnessed an increase of 123 percent in comparison to the 2021-22 season.
In the month of October 2022- the number of the arrival of the cruise passenger is 8,403. Further, November 2022 experienced 81,255 passengers through the cruise. In December 2022, the number of the arrival of the passenger is 116,593, while January witnessed 150,353 cruise passengers.
February and March had cruise passengers 144,952 and 142,175 respectively. Around 44,227 passengers arrived in April 2023. Hence, the number of total passengers in this year’s cruise season was 687,958.
Recently, St Kitts and Nevis welcomed School Ship Libertador Simon Bolivar (BE-11) to Port Zante as the students experienced the magnificent beauty of the country. Along with that, the French Navy Ship Dumont ‘d’ Urville also graced the shores of the country on April 28, 2023, in celebration of Diplomatic Week.