St Kitts and Nevis: St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party-led administration outlined the work delivered by them in the last month of their government come into power. On August 6, 2022, PM Terrance Drew was declared the prime minister of the twin-island Federation and started their work.
Exactly one month ago, the SKNLP stated that the people of St. Kitts and Nevis rose up against a dictatorial regime after enduring seven long years of greed, nepotism, and general corruption.
They added that August 5 will for long be remembered as ‘Freedom Day’ by many, as the 2022 general elections resulted in a massive victory for the SKNLP, not only in the number of seats captured but also in the overwhelming win of the district boxes in each constituency across St. Kitts.
Within that short month, our SKNLP-led government has signed off on and delivered a number of measures and policies that significantly impact the lives of Kittitians, Nevisians, and residents.
The entire leadership of the SKNLP is forever indebted to the people of St. Kitts-Nevis and will continue to fight for, represent, invest in, and advance the people of St. Kitts and Nevis said the SKNLP.
Read Here: The policies announced by St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party-led administration in their one month of work in the office. One-month update:
- All Covid-19-related health and travel restrictions were removed.
- The government announced Financial assistance for any child in need of medical assistance overseas.
- Announced the Free tuition at Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College
- MRI Machine sourced for JNF Hospital
- Assistance for families of Armed officers who die in the line of the duty
- Review of compensation and resources for the police force of St Kitts and Nevis.
- Upcoming review to examine gender equality in Police Force
- The successful hosting of 6IXTY and CPL Cricket Tournaments
- Back-to-school VAT discounted rate days
- Payments of SKELEC Fuel Cost to enable lower energy costs for residents
- Review of laws decriminalizing possession and cultivation of Marijuana
- Restoration and transformation project for the home of Robert L Bradshaw
- Launch of the girls empowerment programme