St Kitts and Nevis: The Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Marine Resources and Cooperatives is all set to celebrate World Food Day 2022. St Kitts and Nevis will celebrate the day with several weeks of activities under the theme” Leave no one behind”.
The activities will be started on Saturday, October 15, 2022, and conclude on Sunday, October 23, 2022. The aim of the theme is to provide access to food and basic meal to every citizen of the twin-island Federation.
This week the Ministry of Agriculture of St Kitts witnessed the true definition of an all-hands-on-deck approach to achieving food security as the staff at the Department of Agriculture came together to unload two large containers of feed.
The men and women took time from their daily routine to scoop, lift and transport more than 1500 bags of feed weighing 50lbs each, after experiencing technical difficulties during the offloading process.
These unforeseen circumstances can sometimes lead to major delays and prevent farmers from getting feed for their animals on time.
The Week of Activities for World Food Day 2022 is as follows:
ON SATURDAY, 15TH OCTOBER, 2022:
- Minister’s World Food Day Address- 7:30 pm
ON SUNDAY, 16TH OCTOBER, 2022:
- Church Service @ Antioch Baptist Church
- Newtown Fishers Cooperative Society
- Fishing Tournament 12:00pm – Midnight
ON MONDAY, 17TH OCTOBER 2022:
- School Visits 8:30 am
ON TUESDAY 18TH OCTOBER, 2022:
- Agri-Pink Panel Discussion
- @ Pink Zone 8:00pm-9:30pm
- Visit to St. Christopher Children’s Home and Mental Health Treatment Centre- 10:00 am
- Home Garden Kit Donation 9:00 am
ON WEDNESDAY, 19TH OCTOBER 2022:
- Gardening Tools Donation 10:00 am
- FAD Exhibition @ Dept Marine Resources
ON, THURSDAY, 20TH OCTOBER, 2022:
- Food Heroes Prize Giving Ceremony
- @ Eco Park 5:00pm
- Food Hamper Distribution
ON FRIDAY, 21ST OCTOBER, 2022:
- World Food Day Night Market
- @ Basseterre Public Market 5:00 pm
- St. Christopher Outreach Food Drive
ON SATURDAY, 22ND, OCTOBER 2022:
- SPACS Food Fair, Cook Off & Rabbit Fest @ Eco Park 2:30pm
ON SUNDAY, 23RD OCTOBER, 2022
- SPACS Farmers Retreat 4:30 pm