St Kitts and Nevis: The vacancy has opened for the position of Quantity Surveyor in the Human Resource Management Department of St Kitts and Nevis. The applications are invited for the Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Energy and Utilities; Domestic Transport.
The successful candidate will have to full all the duties in the quantity surveying field. They will have to deal all these matters with professional approach and in a timely manner. Their responsibilities will also consist of completion of projects within their budget and as per the schedule.
Their duties include upholding Standard Methods of Measurement, project standards by researching compliance regulations, developing project implementation plans and adjusting specifications for elements of a project.
An important member of the procurement process (preparing Bill of Quantities, tender/construction document, evaluation of tenders & making recommendation and Construction Administration).
The duties and requirements will be as follows:
- The candidate will have to prepare Bill of Quantities/estimates. Tender Documents, Contract documents, evaluation of construction projects, cost estimates for building and infrastructure works efficiently.
- He/She will have assist in the pre-qualification of Contractors for infrastructure projects to ensure Contractors are qualified to carry out the job.
- The selected will have to assist in the evaluation and recommendation of tenders for Government Contracts to ensure the best price is accepted without affecting quality.
- Determine unit rates for merchandise utilized by the Department and other government departments.
- Evaluate the contractors’ work, submit payment requests and prepare certificates for payment to ensure a high standard of work has been completed and payment is made.
- Prepare cost reports at the end of each project to ensure figures for future records and prepare final accounts and documents as required for closing out contracts.
- Assist with settlement of disputes between contractors and clients.
- Administer and maintain records and systems ensuring security of data.
- They will have to make document and report project progress to the Director, Chief Engineer, stakeholders, and clients.
- Prepare Gantt Charts for project management purposes to ensure projects are implemented within budget and schedule.
- Keep Director and Chief Engineer updated on all projects /activities and challenges.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Director or the Chief Engineer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.