St Kitts and Nevis: Flowing the clean sweep victory of St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party in the general elections, the newly elected administration under the leadership of Prime Minister Dr Terrance Drew was sworn in as the Members of the Cabinet on August 13, 2022(Saturday).
In the ceremony, newly elected parliamentary representatives from the different constituencies were allotted different ministries and portfolios of the administration of St Kitts and Nevis dubbed Cabinet Ministers at the Warner Park Cricket Stadium.
Here is the full list of appointments of the parliamentary representatives as the ministers of the Cabinet.
- Prime Minister Dr Terrance Drew, who won constituency eight, has been allocated with two ministries except for PM. He was sworn in as PM and Minister of Finance, National Security, Social, Security, Citizenship by Investment Programme and Health Minister.
- After securing Constituency 1, Geoffrey Hanley was allocated with two ministers. He will be served as Deputy Prime Minister of St Kitts and Nevis and sworn in as Minister of Education, Youth and Minister of Social Development, Gender Affairs, Aging and Disabilities.
- Marsha Henderson, who won from Constituency 2, will be served as Minister of Tourism, Civil Aviation and Urban Development.
- Konris Maynard- the parliamentary representative from Constituency 3, was sworn in as Minister of Public Infrastructure and Utilities, Transport, Information, Communication and Technology and Post.
- After securing Constituency 4, Samal Duggins has been allotted with the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries, Creative Economy, Entrepreneurship, Marine Resources and Cooperatives.
- Former Prime Minister of St Kitts and Nevis and Parliamentary Representative from Constituency 6- Denzil Douglas will be served as Minister of Foreign Affairs, Economic Development, International Trade, Investment and Commerce.
Besides this, in the swearing-in ceremony, various other positions have also been allotted.
- Garth Wilkin will be served as Attorney General and Minister of Justice and Legal Affairs of St Kitts and Nevis.
- Joyelle Clarke was sworn in as Sustainable Development, Climate Action, Constituency Empowerment and Environment.
- Isalean Philip will be served as Senator of St Kitts and Nevis.
New Federal Cabinet of St Kitts and Nevis1 of 9