St Kitts and Nevis: The Central Basseterre Team of People’s Labour Party in the Federation of St Kitts and Nevis have been pounding the pavement all across the length and breadth of Constituency #2.
It is led by engineer and businessman Nubian Greaux the young and energetic team of PLP Volunteers have been warmly and enthusiastically welcomed and greeted by constituents as they did a house to house in the community.
Earlier, Prime Minister Dr Timothy Harris, in his monthly edition of leadership matters, outlined that the Homicides are at a 20 Plus year low- Detection at 20 years High.
PM Harris on Homicide stated that Homicide is the most egregious of all crimes. It is now at a 2- Plus year low. “We have achieved the best crime detection rate in over 20 years last years.”
Prime Minister also emphasized that the Team Unity administration is delivering on its commitment to keep people safe.
“Success in crime-fighting is a result of substantial investment in the security infrastructure. This includes building new and renovating other police stations, defence force and coast guard facilities; investing heavily in its CCTV monitoring system; providing an adequate supply of vehicles; and the construction and build-out of a Forensic Laboratory,” PM Harris added.
PM Harris exclaimed that the Team Unity government had gone further in the pursuance of good governance than any other administration in St Kitts and Nevis History. It is as follows:
- First, St Kitts and Nevis government passed the freedom of information act.
- The first government to pass operationalizing the integrity in Public Life Act.
- The first government of St Kitts and Nevis government to pass the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) in its current form.
- This government have opened up the state-owned broadcasting station.
- Team Unity has improved access to justice by increasing the number of resident judges.
- Team Unity is the first St Kitts and Nevis government to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana.