St Kitts and Nevis: The government of St Kitts and Nevis announced the National Fruit Day, which is dubbed- “SKN Moves National Fruit Day”. The event will be held on Tuesday, September 13, 2022.
The government of St Kitts and Nevis also outlined the rule of the competition and eligibility for the people who will participate in the competition.
The Ministry of Health Nutrition Surveillance Program would like to challenge you to create a healthy fruit snack and/or a smoothie made with natural fruit and vegetable ingredients.
Rules of Competition
1. Open to all residents of St. Kitts
2. Must use Facebook to post on personal page and tag “In Ya Kitchen” Facebook Page
3. Must not include any added sweeteners (sugar, honey, molasses, condensed milk etc.)
4. Must post, tag, like and share an entry on Facebook by Tuesday, September 13 at 11:55 p.m. to be judged.
· Presentation: Entry for the competition must be visually appealing /decorative as possible.
· Ingredients: Ingredients should be made up of at least two (2) fruits and (2) vegetables to make your healthy snack or smoothie.
· Likes and Shares: Points will be awarded for each like and share.
The government stated that this is time to create a healthy fruit snack and/or a smoothie and post the pictures on social and tag them in Ya Kitchen.
“Challenge yourself for the month of September to replace your pre-packaged snack (chips, chocolates, cookies, candy etc.) with fruits and vegetables,” said the government.
Foreign Minister of St Kitts and Nevis- Denzil Douglas also took to social media and asked the people to participate in National Fruit Day.
Earlier, the government of St Kitts and Nevis also launched the calendar of events for the 39th Independence Day. The government outlined several events for the people of St Kitts and Nevis, which included National Heroes Day and Cabinet visits to different primary and secondary schools.