St Kitts and Nevis: St Kitts and Nevis hosted the official opening of the St Peter’s Festival on Saturday (October 7, 2023) at 2 pm. The ceremony was held at Douglas Estate Playfield under the theme- “Empowering our Community through Cultural Arts.”
Prime Minister Dr Terrance Drew attended the event and invited citizens to avail numerous opportunities. The event was sponsored by Digicel and St Kitts and Nevis Anguilla National Bank Limited.
The event featured entertainment, fun and several other activities. It was filled with lots of giveaways and prizes for the winners of the numerous activities. The cultural heritage of St Kitts and Nevis was showcased through these events.
The attendees also witnessed by the exhilarating performances of the artistes. The entertainment in the event was given by:
- Street vybz: With their unique fusion of the street and local music, Street Vybz entertained the audience in the festival. It outlined the value of the local music of St Kitts and Nevis.
- Selector Blues: The musician enhanced the musical experiences of the attendees.
- Lovel of 6Mil Sounds: The music creates vibes among the patrons about the country.
Besides this, the Kollision Band and Unstoppable Sound also performed best in the festival. Their electrifying beats created exciting vibes in the country. The air was filled with the entertaining atmosphere through their fusion of local and cultural music.
Additionally, Daddlibos, Jay Do$ and Asap Band enhanced the cultural experience of the tourists. They showcased the authentic heritage of St Kitts and Nevis.
- Deane Glasford Primary School Prince and Princess Show Contestants Reveal
- Cultural Figures Display- Masquerade, Bull and Actors
- Small Business Fair and Outstanding Community Figures Award
St Peter’s Festival also featured several artistic activities, showcasing art and heritage of St Kitts and Nevis. It has focused on the community events and small businesses. The small business owners have been invited to explore new avenues for their enterprise. It also helped them in finding ways to promote their business at the global stage.
Anglina Byron, developed a deep-seated passion for journalism. Anglina is recognized for her tenacity, strength, and unwavering commitment to delivering honest and reliable news across the Caribbean. She covers general affairs of the region.