St Kitts and Nevis: St Kitts and Nevis National Carnival announced the winners of the Carnival Parade and the J‘ouvert Troupes and Road March Winners on January 3, 2023. Sugar Mas 51 has ended with the second Grand Carnival Parade.
The winners of the Carnival Parade are as follows:
- Troupe of the Year: Ultra Carnival “Festivals of the World”
- 1st Runner Up: Luxe Carnival “Untamed”
- 2nd Runner Up: NautiMas “The Gate Keepers”
- King of Band: Glenroy Marshall, Luxe Carnival
- Queen of Band: Kyla Morton, Luxe Carnival
- Spirit of Carnival – Ultra Carnival
- Section of the Year: Sugar Mas, Ultra Carnival
- First Troupe to Launch: Fhunn Vybz
J‘ouvert Troupes and Road March Winners are as follows:
- Road March Title – “Outside Again”, Grandmasters Band
- 1st Runner Up – “Kick Dem Off De Wall”, Smallaxe Band
- 2nd Runner Up – “Cowbell”, Upset Squad
J’ouvert Troupe Large Bands
Winner: Chattabox, Sweet Cane
1st Runner Up: Red Devils, Baywatch
2nd Runner Up: GM Addix, Bubble It
J’ouvert Small Band Winner: Jab Jab
Individual Mas Winner: Romaine Belgrove, “U Memba Dis”
St Kitts and Nevis National Carnival Committee extended heartfelt thank you to all who made Sugar Mas 51 so spectacular. The National Carnival Committee, which falls under the Ministry of the Creative Economy under the purview of Samal Duggins, wishes to thank all stakeholders who contributed to the successful staging of Sugar Mas 51.
“Because of you, we can proudly say that we have created the best Carnival in the region. We will see you from December 15 2023 to January 2 2024, for Sugar Mas 52, “said the Committee.
Prime Minister of St Kitts and Nevis- Dr Terrance Drew, shared glimpses of the final day of Sugar Mas 51 and expressed pleasure in enjoying the carnival season. He stated,” It’s our final day of Sugar Mas 51. Last Lap. It was good to be outside again, enjoying the carnival season. Best wishes throughout the New Year, everyone.”
The route for the Carnival Parade was:
From Patsy Allers (optional), Cayon Street, Pond Road, right or left on Sandown road (depending on direction of Mas Camp), right on Bay Road up Fort Street, right on Cayon Street, right on West Independence Square Street. Bands will continue looping Fort Street, Cayon Street, West Independence Square Street.