Some businesses to open in St Kitts and Nevis to help people prepare for storm

The government of Saint Kitts and Nevis is putting efforts and preparing the nation after the warning of 95L and 97L tropical weather systems on the horizon.

Saint Kitts and Nevis: The government of Saint Kitts and Nevis is putting efforts and preparing the nation after the warning of 95L and 97L tropical weather systems on the horizon.

During his address on the virtual forum series ‘Leadership Matters’ on June 29 2021, the Coordinator of the National Disaster – Abdias Samuel, suggested the citizens of the island about the threats and warnings of the tropical waves.

He further informed that the tropical waves are located 650 miles off the coast of the Federation.

Following the statement, National Disaster Coordinator also noted that the Senior Met Officer at the St. Kitts Met Office – Mr Elmo Burke, has made a presentation for the National COVID-19 Task Force on the current situation of the weather conditions in the Atlantic.

Regarding this situation, the National COVID-19 Task Force would present a few suggestions in front of the Cabinet officials of St Kitts and Nevis to permit some of the businesses to operate while the time of limited operation services on the island.

This comes so as the residents of the sister-islands can obtain the necessary items required to guard their homes and environment if any of such danger comes.

The Hurricane season 2021 has already been officially started from June 1 2021, and will likely end on November 30 2021. The experts have estimated that the Hurricane season of 2021 would be comparable less destructive than the last year.

As per the estimation of experts, the hurricane season of 2021 would be above-average scale and bring with eighteen named storms.

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration – NOAA, there is a 60 per cent chance that the hurricane season would be above average, a 30 per cent chance of a near-normal season and a 10 per cent chance of a below-normal season.

Around three to five major hurricanes are expected by the NOAA, which have been further categorised as 3, 4, or 5 with 111 miles per hour winds or above.