Antigua and Barbuda: Social Media Takeover is all set to offer the chance to showcase the talents in the fashion industry in Antigua and Barbuda. The participants will have to revolve their fashion sense around the National Dream- a theme dress of the island.
The social media takeover will serve as the platform for the display of the culture, customs and traditions of Antigua and Barbuda through fashion. The stunning national dresses will flourish at the event where the celebration of the traditions of Antigua and Barbuda coincide.
The participants will wear the national attire while giving their authentic touch of fashion and sharing it with the world.
The event is part of the Carnival of Antigua, aiming to propel the idea of togetherness and belongingness with the culture and tradition. The Social Media Takeover will also intend to profess unity with the celebration of the heritage of Antigua and Barbuda, which ultimately symbolises the togetherness of countrymen.
Further, the criteria for taking part in the event have also been announced.
How to participate
- Dress Up in National Attire: The participants will have to wear a national dress or any outfit that evidently showcases the culture and heritage of Antigua and Barbuda. Besides this, the participants will also have to flourish the colours, patterns, and unique designs that make the heritage of the country special.
- Strike a Pose: The second step will be taking a picture of themselves or their group in the National Dress. The pose should be the perfect portrayal of their style, shining in the cultural attire of Antigua and Barbuda.
- Tag: The third step is the sharing of the photo on Instagram and tagging Antigua Carnival with their username. Further, the hashtag #MyAntiguaBarbuda will also be an important step for creating connections with others who are participating in this event.
- Spread the Word: The fourth and last step will ask the participants to encourage their family, friends and fellow citizens to join the event.
The event will be perfect virtual parade of the National Drea of Antigua and Barbuda, showcasing the beauty of their culture to the world.
Purpose of participation
- It will provide the perfect chance to capture memories in the much-anticipated Carnival of Antigua and Barbuda.
- The celebration of Heritage will vividly go into the air through the staging of the event.
- The chance of the interaction between the community will be increased.
- There will be great chances of winning exclusive prizes.