St Kitts and Nevis: Heather Cowper – Award-winning Travel Blogger from Bristol, UK, outlined various interesting facts about St Kitts and Nevis during her visit to the destination situated in the Caribbean region. She also shared her experience and exciting glimpses of the country.
Through her blogs and Facebook Page, Heather Cowper stated, “St Kitts and Nevis, I’m on my way. Just boarded – St Kitts and Nevis, I’m on my way.”
Know here: Some interesting facts about St Kitts and Nevis from the views of Travel blogger Heather Cowper.
- St Kitts and Nevis is a two-island country in the Caribbean and is the smallest country in the Americas. The Federation covers just 104 square miles and is home to around 45,000 people.
- St Kitts is the nickname for the saint that it was named after, St Christopher, and Nevis was named after Christopher Columbus first sighted it in 1493 and named it Nuestra Señora de las Nieves meaning “Our Lady of the Snows” due to the island’s cloud-clapped Nevis Peak resembling the snow-capped mountains of Europe.
- The flag of St Kitts and Nevis was adopted in 1983 after the country gained independence. The green triangle represents the fertility of the islands, the red triangle the years of struggle against slavery and colonialism, the black stripe the African heritage of the people, the yellow borders refer to the brilliant sunshine of the islands and, the two white stars represent each of the two islands, as well as symbols of hope and liberty.
- The English began to settle on the islands in 1623, and St Kitts became the first English colony in the Caribbean.
- A local dish is ‘goat water stew’, which is made from goat, papaya and dumplings in a tomato-based stew.
- St Kitts and Nevis are separated by a 2-mile stretch of sea called the “Narrows”. Each year there is a Channel Swim event where people come from around the world to partake in swimming the Narrows.
On November 15, 2022, Heather Cowper shared the information about her visit to the destination. She stated, “In a week’s time, I’ll be travelling to this fabulous destination – St Kitts and Nevis.”
Back in the Spring, Heather Cowper attended a training session about St Kitts and Nevis, and she won the top prize in the Travel Agent raffle – a place on a Familiarisation Trip.
Heather Cowper cited, “She hasn’t been to the Caribbean, so I am really looking forward to it. No doubt my page will be full of information and photos from these two beautiful islands, so watch this space.”
Heather Cowper shared a sneak peek of these beautiful islands.