Castries, Saint Lucia: Saint Lucia beat Sint Maarten in their first match of the CONCACAF Nations League on Wednesday (September 7, 2023). The team played in the League B and Group A away in Curaçao.
The match was held ahead of Sunday’s clash of Saint Lucia with St Kits and Nevis from 7 pm at the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground.
While performing great in the tournament, the match marked a good start for Saint Lucia Football Team in the CONCACAF Nations League. The man Dom Poleon, hit a hat-trick. Reeco Hackett-Fairchild and Ridel Junior Stanislas also scored.
The match between Saint Lucia and St Kitts and Nevis will be held on September 10, 2023 where both team will battle for the CONCACAF Nations League. The tickets for the match are also available for the games. The entry fee for admission to the game is $20.
The 2023- 24 CONCACAF Nations League kickstarted on September 7, 2023. It will conclude in March 2024 when the finals of the league will be taken place. Around 41 teams from across the globe will battle against each other over the course of the next seven months.
The team have been divided into three leagues which are League A, League B and League C. The hosting of the 2023 CONCACAF Nations League will work as the qualifying tournament for the 2023 Copa America. The tournament will be held in the United States.
Out of the 41, six team will represent CONCACAF in the 16 team 2023 Copa America tournament.
Format of the 2023 CONCACAF Nations League
League A will start its matches with 12 teams. These team will further divide into group of six teams. Each team will play four matches against group opponents. Two finishers will advance to the quarterfinals of the Nations League.
On the other hand, the League B will consist of 16 team which will be divided into groups of four. Further, League C has nine times and each team will divide into three teams.
The winners of League B will be promoted to League A and the teams of League C will be promoted B. The winners of the four Quarterfinal match-ups will advance to the CONCACAF Finals in March. They will also qualify for the 2023 Copa America.
Top Seeds: United States, Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica
- Group A: Panama, Guatemala, El Salvador, Martinique, Curacao, Trinidad and Tobago
- Group B: Haiti, Jamaica, Honduras, Cuba, Suriname, Grenada
- Group A: Guadeloupe, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Sint Maarten
- Group B: Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Montserrat, Barbados
- Group C: French Guiana, Bermuda, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belize
- Group D: Guyana, Antigua and Barbuda, Puerto Rico, Bahamas
- Group A: Bonaire, Saint Martin, Anguilla
- Group B: Aruba, Cayman Islands, US Virgin Islands
- Group C: Dominica, Turks and Caicos Islands, British Virgin Island