Castries, Saint Lucia: The Saint Lucia Football Association U17 Club Zonal Championship advances to its final stage, to conclude what was an exciting show of talent and skill of many young and aspiring footballers from the length and breadth of the island.
Saint Lucia Football Association asked the people to find attached the Points Standings (in Zones) of the participating Clubs at the end of the preliminary qualifying rounds of matches:
- The Championship now advances to the Final Stage, where the Top Club in each of the four(4) Zones, will play each other in a Single Round Robin Format.
- Two matches will be played simultaneously on Sundays from 1.00 pm at the Technical Centre in Grande Riviere Dennery commencing on the 19th March.
The team amassing the most points will emerge as the Champions.
The Zonal Winners are as follows:
- Northern Zone – Northern United of Gros Islet 12 pts with GMC also from Gros Islet emerging runners up with 9 pts.
- Eastern Zone – New Generation from Babonneau 18 pts followed by DCYO out of Dennery 15 pts.
- Western Zone – Valley Soccer of Castries 15 pts, followed by Pioneers also of Castries with 12 pts
- Southern Zone – Black Panthers of Soufriere – 15 pts followed by Uptown Rebels of Vieux Fort with 8 pts.
Meanwhile, one match was played in the La Clery Football League Boys Youth tournament on Tuesday 14th March at the La Clery Playing Field.
In the lone encounter, Guest Team Flames FC out of Marchand continued their winning streak with a hard fought 2 – 0 victory over L A All Stars following a 2 – 0 cushion.
They got their goals from Joshua Lionel, Brandon Walter and Shervon King. Scoring for L A All Stars were Jelan Hippolyte and Dorel Albert.
The competition continues on Thursday 16th March with Agardianz coming up against Radics in their return leg at Agard.
Meanwhile, the Points Standing to date are as follows.
- Flames FC – 6 pts
- L A All Stars – 3 pts
- Agardianz – 3 pts and
- Radics – 3 pts.