Castries, Saint Lucia: Laborie got their campaign off on a positive note with a hard-fought 2 – 1 victory over Roseau in the Scotts Sports and Award / SLFA Inc. Super Cup at the Soufriere Mini Stadium on Monday evening.
Shervin Eleuthere shot Roseau into the lead with a penalty in the 3rd min of play. However, in the 17th minNikel Emmanuel equalised as the half ended 1 – 1.
On the resumption, both teams fought gallantly for the elusive go-ahead goal. But it was Laborie who would forge ahead with a well-struck penalty by Zephaniah Edwin in the 1st min of added on time, resulting in a 2 – 1 victory.
In the other game played with both teams being reduced to 10 men, Anse La Raye and Choiseul played to an exciting 1 – 1 draw. Scoring for Choiseul was Zach St. Aimee in the 17th min, while, Mc Arthur Louis did the honours for Anse La Raye in the 21st min.
In the meantime, matches commence in the Scotts Sports and Awards / SLFA Inc. Premier Division on Tuesday 20th September and are as follows:
- La Clery vs. Vieux Fort North – 6.15 pm – Phillip Marcellin Grounds
- Marchand vs. Vieux Fort South – 8.15 pm
- Canaries vs. Central Castries – Gros Islet Playing Field – 6.15 pm
- Gros Islet vs. Dennery – 8.15 pm
Meanwhile, the curtains came down on the SLFA Eastern Zone U19 tournament on Sunday 18th between Mabouya Valley and Desruisseaux. After playing to a goalless draw after regulation the championship had to be settled from the spot. It was Mabouya Valley who were eventual champions winning 8-7.
The following individual awards were presented at the end of the prize giving ceremony.
- Best goal keeper: Daunte Saul (Desruisseaux)
- Best Defender: Quan Joseph (Desruisseaux)
- Best Midfield: Larry Harper (Mabouya)
- Most goals: Zacky Harper (Mabouya)
- MVP of the Finals: Jovan Sandiford (Mabouya)
- MVP of the Tournament: Zackery Harper (Mabouya)
- Winning Coach : Jean Ishmeal