Castries, Saint Lucia: Saint Lucia Aquatics Federation has been gearing up for the highly-anticipated Capri Sun National Swimming Championships. It will be hosted by the Seajays Swim Club from October 7-8, 2023.
The Saint Lucia Aquatics Federation (SLAF) expressed pleasure in announcing that its Technical Committee is set to convene for the important task of selecting St. Lucia’s national OECS swimming team from the highly-anticipated Capri Sun National Swimming Championships.
Saint Lucia National Swimming team is all set to take part in the championship. The Capri Sun National Championships will serve as the perfect platform for the most promising swimmers. With the staging of the championship, the country will decide the national OECS swimming team.
It will provide chance to the athletes to secure a coveted spot on the national team. A total of 34 talented individuals, including overseas-based swimmers, will be chosen to represent Saint Lucia at the 31st OECS Swimming Championships.
The championship will feature two categories such as Male events and Female events.
The 31st OECS Swimming Championship is all set to return on the shores of Saint Lucia from November 10 to 12, 2023. With the staging of the Sun National Swimming Championship, the three reserve swimmers will also be identified.
It will ensure that Saint Lucia’s national team should well-prepared for the upcoming championship. The team will be geared for the success at the swimming tournament.
The Saint Lucia Aquatic Federation encourages all swimming enthusiasts, supporters, and the general public to attend the Capri Sun National Championships at Rodney Heights Aquatic Centre from 10:00am, on October 7-8, 2023, to cheer for the aspiring athletes.
The championships promise to be a showcase of determination, skill, and sportsmanship.
Besides this, the schedule of the Sun Capri National Swimming Championship has also been announced.
Schedule of Sun Capri National Swimming Championship
Order of Events:
Female events- Odd numbers
Make Events- Even numbers
On October 7, 2023
- Warm up match
- Opening Ceremony- 10: am
- Start of the First event- 10: 20 am
- 1 and 2: 100M Free will be held for 8 years and under
- 3 and 4: 200M Free will be held for 9 years and over
- 5 and 6: 50M fly for 9 years and overs
- 7 and 8: 50M Back for open 9 and over
- 9 and 10: 25M Breast for 8 and under
- 11 and 12: 100M Breast for open 9 and under
- 13 and 14: 100M IM for open 9 years and overs
- 15 and 16: 200M IM for the athletes of open 9 years and over
- 17 and 18: 50M Free for 8 and under
- 19 and 20: 100M Free for open 9 and over
- 21 and 22: 4X50M Medley Relay for 10 and under
- 23 and 24: 4X50M Medley Relay for 11 to 14 years athletes
- 25 and 26: 4X40M Medley Relay for 15 and over
On October 8, 2023
- Start of the events: 10: 30 am
- 27 and 28: 400M Free for open 9 and over
- 29 and 30: 25M Back for 8 and under
- 31 and 32: 100M Back for open 9 and over
- 33 and 34: 100M fly for open 9 and over
- 37 and 38: 50M Breast for open 9 and over
- 39 and 40: 25M Free for 8 and under
- 41 and 42: 50M Free for 9 and over
- 43 and 44: 4X50M Freestyle Relay for 10 and under
- 45 and 46: 4X50M Freestyle Relay for 11 to 14 ages
- 47 and 48: 4X50 Freestyle Relay for 15 and over
31st OECS Swimming Championship
The 31st OECS Swimming Champion will serve as the bedrock of competitive swimming for swimmers in the OECS region. It also helps in fostering camaraderie and healthy competition among them.
The logo for the Swimming Championship was a collaborative design effort by Lightning Aquatics swimmer, Fabian Raymond and his cousin Khalil Dawes. The logo aimed to promote the circle of unity and friendship that permeates the swimming community across the islands.
Anglina Byron, developed a deep-seated passion for journalism. Anglina is recognized for her tenacity, strength, and unwavering commitment to delivering honest and reliable news across the Caribbean. She covers general affairs of the region.