Castries, Saint Lucia: The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force (RSLPF) held its annual awards ceremony on December 23, 2022. The ceremony, which sought to highlight the exceptional performance of officers during the period 2020-2021, was hosted this year at the Sandals Golf and Country Club.
The categories and recipients for this year are as follows:
- Woman Police Constable 816 Sabrina Mangal
- Police Constable 508 Tavius Mathurin
- Woman Police Constable 210 Jayhan Emmanuel
- Woman Police Constable 885 Melissa Abraham
- Amelia Bertin (Civilian)
- Support Staff of the Year- Albert St. Prix (Civilian)
- Special Reserve Officer of the Year- Special Reserve Police Officer 79 Curtis Calixte (promoted to the rank of Special Police Constable)
- Special Police Constable of the Year – Special Police Constable 230 Nian Fanus (promoted to the rank of Police Constable)
- Police Constable of the Year – Police Constable 100 Kevin Emmanus
- Corporal of the Year – Corporal 117 Luke Joseph & Corporal 763 Shayne Paul
- Sergeant of the Year – Sergeant 708 Shervon Matthieu (promoted to the rank of Inspector)
- Inspector of the Year – Inspector Fanicia Poyotte
- Gazetted Officer of the Year- Assistant Superintendent of Police Fitzroy Bailey
- Traffic Officer of the Year- Woman Police Constable 187 Silma Blanchard
- Band Officer of Year – Sergeant 97 Francis Delice
- Special Services Unit Officer of the Year – Woman Police Constable 441 Sanya Antoine
- Station of the Year- Gros Islet Police Station
- Special Departmental Award-Special Services Unit
- Department of the Year- Bicycle Patrol Unit
- Spirit of the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force- Special Police Constable 145 Vincent Pascal
- Commissioner’s Award – Ann Joseph, Corporal 806 (promoted to the rank of Sergeant)
The Commissioner of Police (Ag), Crusita Descartes- Pelius wishes to commend all officers who have dedicated their service to the people of Saint Lucia and thanks all under her command for their contributions towards achieving the mandate of the RSLPF.
Earlier, a closing ceremony was held for a Junior Constable Development Course conducted at the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force Academy. The course which spanned over a month was geared towards provided Special Police Constables who were upgraded to the rank of Police Constable with training to better equip them to perform their expanded duties.
The rigorous training exercises covered areas such as Human Rights, Ethics in Policing, Customer Service, Investigations (to include Cybercrimes, Traffic Violations, Drug Matters and Serious Crimes), Crime Scene Management, Laws and Legal Procedures, Weapons Training and Drills.
On completion, the following individuals captured the top positions:
- Best Pistol- PC 122 Taj Bradley
- Best Drills- WPC 290 Wenia Verneuil
- Most Outstanding- WPC 571 Michelle Daniel
- Best Instructor- PC 229 Forn Julien
The Commissioner of Police (Ag), Crusita Descartes- Pelius, wishes to congratulate each individual on the successful completion of the course and urges each to continue to excel in their careers of service to the public.
Anglina Byron, developed a deep-seated passion for journalism. Anglina is recognized for her tenacity, strength, and unwavering commitment to delivering honest and reliable news across the Caribbean. She covers general affairs of the region.