St Kitts and Nevis: One Movement announced their Youth Agenda to the Big 10 to empower Youth. From Youth Homeowners Grant to National Health Insurance Plan to Innovation Hub to National Youth Council to St Kitts and Nevis Performing Arts and Music Academy are the agendas and plans for the Youth.
People’s Action Movement and the Concerned Citizens Movement’s joint manifesto also featured great plans for the sports sector.
They stated that the One Movement has an ambitious and progressive yet realistic plan to empower the Youth. They believe Youth should contribute to the development of our Federation and rally behind the philosophies and programs of the party. It is PAM-CCM that will lead them into a prosperous future.
They have summarised their Youth Agenda to the Big 10 to Empower Youth with their full Youth Agenda available.
- We will launch the $100 MILLION-DOLLAR DREAM FUND aimed at Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development. This fund will be a direct injection of seed money into approved business projects of up to $200,000 XCD. A component of this fund will also provide training and management support to ensure sustainability and the creation of intergenerational wealth.
- In order to help young people earn, we will provide a YOUNG HOMEOWNERS GRANT of $3,000 XCD for eligible first-time homeowners under the age of 35. This will get more young people into affordable climate-resilient housing to help them build their future.
- We will ensure that public procurement contracts of a certain value include 40% of young people through apprenticeships, training and employment.
- We will introduce a NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN which will offer free healthcare, dental screening, eye screening and medical prescriptions for children 5-18 years old.
- We will create an INNOVATION HUB which will focus on providing technical and financial support to Youth who are interested in mobile app development, computer programming, gaming, robotics and other areas of smart technology to assist them in building careers in technology and innovation.
- We will establish ST. KITTS AND NEVIS PERFORMING ARTS & MUSIC ACADEMY, which will seek to harness and showcase untapped talent in order to develop the theatrical and musical landscape of St. Kitts and Nevis.
- We will provide TAX WAIVERS AND CONSTRUCTION GRANTS for young people who are interested in developing properties into Airbnb in order to continue to reimagine the tourism product and beneficiaries of the product.
- We will establish a NATIONAL YOUTH COUNCIL, which will be responsible for representing youth interests, views and concerns across education, employment, entrepreneurship, agriculture, health and wellness, sport, and creative industries, among other sectors.
- We will oversee the expansion of our economic cost awards, scholarships and educational opportunities for young people in the Federation to ensure the realisation of their educational goals.
- We will aggressively tackle youth unemployment over the next five years through the creation of 5000 jobs under our JOBS NOW Programme. Jobs will be created across multiple sectors.
One Movement will position sports and athletics as an important aspect of the development of the young people of St. Kitts and Nevis. They will revitalise community sporting activities, promote national sporting competitions, and position ourselves to host international sporting events.
They will promote Sports as a viable business that can generate individual and national income. One Movement Government will, therefore:
- Establish a National Sports Council to develop national sporting and leisure activities and champion Inter-District, Inter-Secondary, Inter-Island, and Primary Sports meets. This council will also be responsible for talent scouting and creating national sports teams to train and prepare for regional and international events.
- Encourage and support athletes wishing to pursue sports as a profession through the provision of better infrastructure, access to training, scholarships, and scouting.
- Provide greater opportunities and awareness with international schools to visit and scout our athletic talent, in order to give them a vehicle to higher education and increased exposure to sports, as a profession.
- Establish a Masters Sports Programme to encourage accomplished sportspersons to coach and mentor Youth.
- Ensure every student is given the opportunity to learn to swim, as a matter of survival and/or sport.
- Build and upgrade existing sporting infrastructure, such as Kim Collins Stadium, Mondo Track, and other facilities to train our athletes to compete globally.
- Fund sporting teams of communities, in areas such as Basketball, Football, Cricket, Tennis, Volleyball and Netball, to ignite a spirit of community competition, which will lead up to National titles.
- Provide greater support to our National Athletes through financial support and technical assistance during training and regional competitions.
- Encourage and support after-school clubs and teams.
- Host US Collegiate sports events and training camps as part of our sports tourism strategy.
- Facilitate training programs and expand opportunities for our young people across sports medicine, sports education, sports psychology, facilities management, coaching, athletes welfare, sports marketing, sports nutrition, and sports tourism, among other areas.