St Kitts and Nevis: The Department of Youth and Nevis Public Library Service is all set to host the Poetry Writing competition under the theme- “Self-Love: Embracing My Identity.” It invited the entries for the competition and asked them to show their skills in writing.
The deadline for the submission of the entries is Wednesday, March 15, 2023. The entries should be submitted to the Department of Youth and Nevis Public Library Service. The poetry competition is aimed to celebrate World Poetry Day.
The Department of Youth of Nevis also announced the categories, details of the prizes, and guidelines.
- The Primary-aged students who are willing to participate in the Poetry Writing competition must be aged between 9 to 11 years.
- The Secondary-aged students who are willing to participate in the competition must be aged between 12 to 16 years.
Three winners per category
- The student who will win 1st Place in the competition will be awarded with a $500 cash prize.
- The student who will secure 2nd Place in the poetry competition will be awarded a $300 cash prize.
- The student who will win 3rd Place in the poetry competition will be awarded a $200 cash prize.
- Poem must incorporate the theme of self-love.
- Poem must have 120 words.
- Poem must be presented in a typewritten format.
- A cover page, including the student’s name, school, form/grade, and age, must be attached to each entry.
- Each child is allowed only one entry.
The competition will work as a platform to invite the students to showcase their writing skills and enhance themselves after learning the criteria to write it.
Department of Youth of Nevis stated that:
- Paging all primary and secondary school poets of Nevis.
- It’s poetry time
- It’s all about self and identity
- If you consider yourself an amazing person, then do us a favour.
- Grab a pad
- Grab a pen
- Get those creative juices flowing
- Love on yourself with a poem
- One of those cash prizes awaits your unmatched lyricism.
- Let’s Goooooooo