Nevis is all set to witness the elections for the five electoral districts of the island Assembly on December 12, 2022. The nomination of the candidates will be held on December 5, 2022.
Nevis: Nevis is all set to witness the elections for the five electoral districts of the island Assembly on December 12, 2022. The nomination of the candidates will be held on December 5, 2022.
The announcement was made by Premier Mark Brantley in his national address on November 24, 2022. He, however, opted not to make the announcement via the traditional public “ringing of the bell.”
He stated that he advised the Governor-General Sir S. Tapley Seaton after consultation with Prime Minister Dr Terrance Drew that the Nevis Island Assembly should be dissolved as of Friday, the 25th day of November 2022.
The five electoral districts in the Nevis Island Assembly, such as St. John; St. Paul; St. Thomas; St. George; and St. James, will go into polls.
In the last elections on December 18, 2017, the CCM won four seats under the leadership of Mark Brantley. He won the seat of St. John. Deputy Premier Alexis Jeffers in St. James, Spencer Brand in St. Paul, and Eric Evelyn in St. George elected in the Nevis island assembly. Joseph Parry of the Nevis Reformation Party (NRP) won the seat in St. Thomas.
Premier Mark Branlet also gave a snapshot of the accomplishments of the CCM-led Nevis Island Administration.
KEEPING THE LIGHTS ON & THE WATER FLOWING
• Over 3 million imperial gallons of water storage in Nevis.
• New treatment plant at Hamilton, which added 216,000 imperial gallons.
• 250,000 Gallons water storage tank at Pond Hill.
• 400,000 Gallons water storage tank at Hamilton.
• 300,000 Refurbished water stone water tank at Hamilton.
• Upgraded the water distribution mains throughout Nevis.
• Reduced water outages and disruptions to a minimum.
• Purchased two brand-new Wärtsilä engines for our power plant at Prospect.
• Stabilized the power grid and reduced electricity outages to a bare minimum.
• Geothermal energy, when harnessed, will free our island home of fossil fuels and make Nevis the greenest place on planet Earth.
o New Hydrogen based Industry
o Ability to produce fertilizer from ammonia.
o Nevis to export energy to our sister St Kitts and other neighboring islands.
o Proposed 9 cents per kilowatt-hour
Kashmiri young engineer- Haider Ali Punjabi has updated his app called “Iftar Kar” this Ramzan.… Read More
Springer Memorial School secured victory in the girls’ division of the Shane Brathwaite zone of… Read More
American Airlines is all set to provide additional flights between Miami and St Kitts and… Read More
Saint Lucia has been chosen as the connecting destination of British Airways' service between London… Read More
Four Schools have qualified for the Semifinals of the National Bank of Dominica Ltd Sports… Read More
Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority announced the commencement of the new direct flight between Antigua… Read More
The UK 13 years and under schools cricket tour of Saint Lucia continued on Tuesday… Read More
Bhutan hosted the first edition of the Jita Kyoei Judo Cup in Thimphu on Monday,… Read More
Indian-origin Sikh woman official Lieutenant Manmeet Colon has been appointed as the Assistant Chief of… Read More
Nevis announced the results of the preliminary round of the "Nevis to St Kitts Cross… Read More