Nevis: The Ministry of Agriculture of Nevis is all set to host “World Food Day 2023” under the theme- “Water is life, water is food, leave no one behind.” The government has announced the week of activities to celebrate the culinary and water.
This year, the aim of celebrating the World Food Day is to enhance the ways to promote the sustainable future. The activities will also shed light on the significance of the food and make people work for the enhancement of the food security.
Week of Activities for World Food Day 2023
On October 16, 2023
- The first event of the World Food Day is Minister’s Address. He will put focus on the ways to improve the food security across the island nation.
- The second event of the celebration is Staff Devotions. It will be held at Larinson Parry Agriculture Depot at 8: 30 am.
On October 17, 2023
- Water Documentary will be showcased in the event of World Food Day. It will shed light on the significance of the water. The ways of conserving the water will also be displayed in the documentary.
- The documentary will be aired on Nevis Agriculture YouTube and Facebook.
On October 18, 2023
- The day will be celebrated as “Water Wednesday”. It will feature activities such as water protection, enhancement of its value and other aspects. The activity will cover several
- aspects of persevering natural asset on Earth.
- The second event of the day will be Infused Water Giveaways. The event will be held at Charlestown Memorial Square and TDC. The time of the hosting of the event is 9 am.
On October 19, 2023
- The first event of the day is “Water Conservation Day” It will feature every aspect and ways of protecting and conserving water. The day will also highlight numerous elements of securing water.
- The second event of the day is “School A Grow Competition Walkthrough”. The students will be asked to participate in the competition and highlight the importance of the water. The event will also teach them the ways to protect the water.
On October 20, 2023
- The name of the event is “World Food Day Agri-Fest” It will be held at Villa Grounds from 9 am to 8 pm. It will enhance the ways of securing food. The techniques of the modern agriculture will also be outlined during the event.
The World Food Day will serve a platform for ensuring the food security and conserving water with enhanced and great methods.