St Kitts and Nevis: In order to celebrate World Food Day 2022, Nevis will host a week of activities under the theme- “Leave No One Behind”. The activities will be started on Monday, October 10, 2022, and concluded on Sunday, October 16, 2022.
The Ministry of Agriculture is hosting a week of activities to celebrate, entertain and educate the Nevisian public.
WORLD FOOD DAY 22- WEEK OF ACTIVITIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
On Monday, October 10, 2022:
• MORNING DEVOTIONS // VON RADIO // 6 AM
• MINISTER’S ADDRESS
• STAFF DEVOTIONS // PROSPECT / / 8:30 AM
On Tuesday, October 11, 2022:
• SCHOOL A-GROW COMPETITION LAUNCH // CBIS // 10 AM
On Wednesday, October 12, 2022:
• PRODUCT PROMOTION DAY // RAM’S COMPLEX // 11 AM
• IICA & ROC TAIWAN WORKSHOP // NDMD CONF. ROOM // 10 AM
On Thursday, October 13, 2022:
- COMMISSION OF SMALL RUMINANT UNIT // MADDENS // 9 AM
- FARMER + FISHER OUTREACH // ISLANDWIDE
On Friday, October 14, 2022:
- NIGHT MARKET // MARKET STREET, CHARLESTOWN // 4 PM
On Saturday, October 15, 2022:
- INDIAN CASTLE FRUIT ORCHARD FAMILY FUN DAY 119 AM
On Sunday, October 16, 2022:
- MULTICULTURAL FOOD EXTRAVAGANZA // MALCOLM
- GUISHARD RECREATIONAL PARK, PINNEYS // 11 AM
While expressing pleasure, the Ministry of Agriculture of Nevis stated that they are excited to share the Week of Activities in celebration of World Food Day 2022.
The Ministry also urged the people across the country to join the events as they want to celebrate the day with an aim to Leave no one behind for better production.
“Join us as we aim to LEAVE NO ONE BEHIND for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, “said the ministry.
Sunday, October 16, is globally recognized as World Food Day.
World Food Day 2022 is being marked in a year with multiple global challenges, including the ongoing pandemic, conflict, climate change, rising prices and international tensions. All of this is affecting global food security.