Nevis: The Department of Agriculture of Nevis invited the citizens to celebrate the authentic, delicious food of the island in the Fruit Festival. The Agriculture Department celebrated FETE and celebrated with the authorities at the Fruit Festival.
The Ministry of Agriculture, through their social media post, stated, “The Department of Agriculture invites you to FETE and CELEBRATE with us at our FRUIT FESTIVAL.”
It all takes place on Friday, July 29 at Market Street, Charlestown starting at 9 am. The festival will be featured numerous fun activities which will celebrate the food with a different kind of competition.
It will feature numerous various activities:
- Cake Competition
- Mango Ice Cream Competition
- Food and fruit sales, agro-processed goods, art & craft
- Watermelon Eating Competition + many other giveaways and prizes
- Cultural Acts
- Culturama Action Corner
It’s a celebration of the local fruits and Culturama 48. We hope to see you there!
The Ministry of Agriculture of Nevis stated, “As we approach the date for this year’s Fruit Festival, we are pleased to share the winning prizes for both of our signature competitions.”
It will be featured various other competition which includes number of fun activities to celebrate the Food Festival.
- Mango Ice Cream Competition (4 Entries) – Ice Cream Blizzard Maker
- Cake Competition
- Plain Cake (8 entries) – Acekool Cake Mixer
- Dark Fruit Cake (4 entries) – Kitchen Aid Tilt-Head Stand Mixer
- Cheese Cake (7 entries) – Ninja Creami Milkshake Maker
- Best Decorated Cake receives a Cake Decorating Airbrush Kit
Ministry of Agriculture of Nevis extended gratitude to the people and added,” They would like to thank our gracious sponsors for the huge role they have played in making these competitions a reality. Namely:
- Nevis Island Administration
- The Finished Touch
- ECGC (through their local distributor, Supply Office)
- The Fruit Festival competitions take place at Market Street, Charlestown, on Friday, July 29. We anticipate an awesome, fruit-filled event!