Roseau, Dominica: Miss Dominica 2023 is all set to return to the shores of the country on February 16, 2023. After a hiatus of two years, five young women have started their journey to the throne.
As per the update of Discover Dominica Authority (DDA), the competition will stage next year between the five contestants of Dominica. The pageant will return after two years, as it was held last in 2020.
Miss Dominica 2020 was bagged by Savahnn James of Roseau. She coped with the title over her six other competitors. Till the title is served by James due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, Miss Dominica 2023 has returned to crown the new contestant.
Following is the detail of the five contestants who will be participating in Miss Dominica 2023:
- The first contestant- Meeya Francis, hails from the suburban community of Canefield. She has worked a lot in the field of mental health and received great appreciation in the Caribbean, especially Dominica.
- The Second contestant- Moesga Thomas, belongs to the east-coast village of Petit Soufrière. The 22-year-old Thomas is all set to grab the title under the theme “Empowering Women Through Sports.”
- The third contestant- Adicia Burton, has also secured the Miss Kalinago 2022 with her impactful representation of Dominica’s indigenous population.
- The fourth contestant- Tarnia Eugene, comes from the cultural capital of Dominica- Grand Bay. She worked for the awareness of mental health during her pageantry journey.
- The fifth contestant- Sandrin Elizee, aged 22, has worked a lot for gender equality and women’s empowerment. The Kingshill native asserted that she always wanted to put light on the serious issue of society, such as child abuse, girl child abuse and many more.
Earlier, Vetivert Inc also hosted Miss Dominica 2023 Contestants and their Chief Chaperone Jorvan Kerwin JnoBaptiste from Discover Dominica, Dominica Festivals at their home base, Harmony Villa and Residence and Art House for their personal Development Day Retreat.
Vetivert Inc asserted, “I can see this will be a stiff competition for the. These elegant, intelligent young women were the epitome of grace, charm and charisma. We covered so much yet the day just flew by.”
What they learnt and sessions experienced, led by Coach Carla. They started with Introductions, Invocations and Intention setting.
Vetivert Inc also outlined the entire training session and stated that the contestants were dived into some immersive sessions;
Befriending Me Session included:
- Learning Self-Awareness, Self-Care and Self-Love, Pilates Breathing and Movement for Body Mind Connections and emotional regulation.
- How to Live at your CORE, in Alignment and with Integrity
- Building Confidence and having a Positive Mentality and Overcoming Anxiety in any situation.
- Developing Personal Proclamations by exploring their personal Values, Inspirations, Passions, Lessons from Past Experiences and Talents & Skills (VIPs&PETS )
- Importance of Journaling for clarity and confident self expression.
- The Art of Communication and Public Speaking
- ZOOM Presentation and Q&A with Leslassa Armour-Shillingford, Miss Dominica, Miss Caraval, Miss Jaycees Int, Miss Caribbean Culture, Miss Dominica World 2013
- 4 course lunch with wines. Table Manners and Etiquette pointers as well hosted by moi.
Further, Afternoon sessions included,
Part 2, Liveat your CORE with Integrity
- Self-Preservation and the Art of Exquisite Physical Presentation, with a panel of the.
- Planning Outfits to suit your personality, abilities and body type.
- And we closed off with a short Gratitude and Grace Session.
“It was truly a great day,… just wish I had 4 more hours with these gorgeous young women, “said the Vetivert Inc.