Weather: In the wake of passage of the Tropical Storm Philippe, the tips have been shared for the preparedness of the natural calamity. The tips will enhance the preparation of the people for the Hurricane Season 2023.
- Lock pesticides in a cabinet, ventilated storage area or garden shed so that they are out of the reach of children and animals.
- Always keep the chemical in its original container with clearly visible original label. Don’t transfer the chemical to other containers, unless the original container is damaged.
- In that case, make sure the new container is not a recognized food or drink container, and is clearly labelled which includes the label listing ingredients, directions for use, first aid and expiry date.
- Put up “KEEP OUT”, “NO SMOKING” AND “DANGER” signs in the area where pesticides are stored.
- People will have to pack all essentials that will be needed to keep themselves safe and healthy. It will be included medicines, raincoats, water, hand sanitizers and masks.
- People will have to pack fun items such as books, games, electronic devices just in case they need to go to a shelter
- People will also have to ensure that all of their electronics and cell phones are fully charged.
- Secure their important documents such as school reports, ID cards etc It will be storned in Ziptop bags, take photos of them and save them electronically or in a drop box folder.
- Never store pesticides in places where flood is possible or in places where they might leak into drains, rivers or ground water.
- Never store pesticides with or near food, animal feed or medical supplies and never transfer pesticides to food or drink containers
- Never store pesticides in Application equipment such as spray cans or mistblowers or near open flames like kitchens or grills and far from ignition sources like cars or lawnmowers.