India: The Khelo India 10 Ka Dum women’s weightlifting event ended with success at SAI STC in Arunachal Pradesh on Sunday. The event was for two days and featured the events to empower women in sports and encouraged them to make their career in it.
The authorities have announced the results of the matches and forty-seven athletes participated in the Khelo India in different weight categories. Kaken Doyom secured the gold medal in the below 40 kg category. She secured the victory after lifting 45 kgs in snatch and 57 kgs in clean and jerk resulting in a total weight of 102 kgs.
Tam Aya won the silver medal and Sartam Chummi Rughu secured the bronze medal in this category. Aya lifted 97 kgs which included 39 kgs of snatch and 58 kgs of clean and jerk. Further, Rughu lifted 39 kgs in snatch and 51 kgs in clean and jerk and become the third champion for lifting 90 kgs.
Further results are as follows:
In the below 49 kg category:
- Techi Nadam won the gold medal as she lift 131 kgs in total which is snatch 56 kgs+ clean and jerk 75 kgs.
- Yukar Amak secured second place after lifting 118 in total and winning the silver medal. She lifted 53 kgs in snatch and 65 kgs in clean and jerk
- The bronze medal was secured by Marcy Teli as she lifted 108 kgs in total. She lifted 45 kgs in snatch and 63 kgs in clean and jerk.
In the below 55 kg category:
- Gold medal- Pipi Yangfo (Lifted 145 kgs)
- Silver medal- Messang Marga (Lifted 111 kgs)
- Bronze medal- Tage Monyi (Lifted 94 kgs)
In the below 59 kg category:
- Gold medal- Liza Kamsha (Lifted 171 kgs)
- Silver Medal- Junmi Kitniya (Lifted 86 kgs)
- Bronze Medal- Anairy Techi (Lifted 81 kgs)
In the below 64 kg category:
- Gold medal- Posen Kongkang (Lifted 105 kgs)
- Silver Medal- Pisa Angela (Lifted 86 kgs)
- Bronze Medal- Biku Puma (Lifted 65 kgs)
The event was aimed to create a platform for the female athletes who didn’t get the chance to compete at the national/state level competitions. The programme for the inauguration was attended by Arunachal Olympic Association president and Education Minister Taba Tedir, and Itanagar MLA Techi Kaso.