Grenada: Grenada Football Association announced the 21-man squad for the opening match of the 2023-2024 CONCACAF Nations League (CNL). The match will be held against Suriname on Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7 pm at Kirani James Athletic Stadium.
While showing full confidence in the team, Head Coach Terry Connor said that their team players worked hard and showcased their full power to win the match. He said that the squad consisted of unique talents and overseas-based players.
Grenada has 13 players in the team, which is making around 62 percent contribution to the team in the game. The match will also reflect upon the rivalry between the two nations as they last encountered in the Caribbean Cup on September 8, 2006. The match resulted in a 1- 0 victory for Suriname.
Further, the Grenada Football Association said that their team is in full confidence and that it will enhance their capabilities of doing good work. He said that the team consisted of new faces and new energy, making the country bring extraordinary experience in the football match.
The players such as Jermaine Francis, who plays for Chelmsford City FC in the UK, Jacob Bedeau, a player at English professional club Morecambe FC, and Darius Johnson, joining from FC Volendam in the Netherlands will make their mark in the team of Grenada for the first time.
Grenada Football Team is on the drive to compete in the top tier of the Concacaf Nations League, which is named as League A. The team stated that with their hard work, they will achieve the goal. Grenada, however was drawn in Group B alongside Jamaica, Suriname, Honduras, and others.
READ HERE: List of the full squad of Grenada Football Team for CONCACAF Nations League (Grenada SMNT List)
There will be three goalkeepers in the team which are as follows:
- Chad Phillip – FC Camerhogne
- Reice Charles-Cook – Unattached
- Jason Belfon – Paradise FCI
The list of the defenders is as follows
- Benjamin Ettienne – Queen’s Park Rangers
- FC Kayden Harrack – Queen’s Park Rangers, UK
- Kimron Marshall – FC Camerhogne
- Mackell Ganness – Hurricanes SC
- Josh Gabriel – Unattached
- Ryhim Griffith – FC Camerhogne
- Jacob Bedeau – Morecambe FC
The names of the midfielders will be as follows:
- Trevon Williams – Queen’s Park Rangers
- Jacob Berkeley-Agyepong – Unattached
- Darius Johnson – FC Volendam
- Ashley Charles – Wealdstone FC, UK
- Steffon Abraham – Paradise FCI
- Deon Phillip – Queen’s Park Rangers FC
The players of Grenada who will be forwards are as follows
- Saydrel Lewis – Paradise FCI
- Joshua Isaac – Paradise FCI
- Jermaine Francis – Chelmsford City FC
- Kriston Julien – Hurricanes SC
- Kharlton Belmar – Richmond Kickers
The entry criteria for the match is as follows:
People who wanted to secure their spot in the main pavilion will have to pay $30.
The visitors seeking to secure place at Secondary Stand will have to pay $20.
The secondary school students with Secondary Stand will have to pay $10.
Children who are under 12 are free to enter and they can bring out their entire family.