Antigua and Barbuda: The Ministry of the Creative Industries and Innovation shared an exciting plan for the full return of Carnival of Antigua and Barbuda this year. The information was provided by Minister of Creative Industries and Innovation Michael Browne in the Cabinet of Antigua and Barbuda on Friday, March 24, 2022.
The Carnival of Antigua is known as the most incredible summer festival in the Caribbean region. But the festival has been halted by the deadly viral infection of the novel coronavirus for the last two years.
Having been forced to hang up its costume for the last two years, the Caribbean’s greatest summer festival, Antigua’s Carnival, is poised for a grand re-entry onto the national stage.
Further, Michael Browne, Minister of the Creative Industries and Innovation, outlined an exciting plan for the full return of Carnival this year.
The Ministry has also brought the opportunity for the upliftment of the tourism sector of Antigua and Barbuda. It will also pursue the various tourism opportunities in several key Caribbean and International Markets.
The Ministry is actively pursuing marketing opportunities in several key Caribbean and international markets.
Various Caribbean markets are included:
- Trinidad and Tobago
Various international markets are included:
- New York
- The United Kingdom.
Further, the Minister of Innovation and Creative Industries also shared the schedule of the Carnival festival of Antigua and Barbuda. It stated:
- The schedule of events will include the various competition.
- In addition, this Carnival will bring three days of jamming on the streets, with a route that promises excitement, revelry, and creativity.
- Labour Day 2022 will be celebrated on Monday, May 2 2022.
- This year, similar to the upcoming Carnival, the day will be celebrated with the usual pomp and ceremony that has characterized Labour Day since its inception.
- The usual speeches, marches, and gatherings with live entertainment at beaches return to the calendar this year.
- A full calendar of events will shortly be announced.
Anglina Byron, developed a deep-seated passion for journalism. Anglina is recognized for her tenacity, strength, and unwavering commitment to delivering honest and reliable news across the Caribbean. She covers general affairs of the region.