St Kitts and Nevis: Taiwan in St Kitts and Nevis is all set to host the “Commemorative Stamp Competition” to celebrate their 40 years of friendship. It will highlight the close ties and friendly cooperation between the Federation and the Republic of China.
While announcing the guidelines, Taiwan in St Kitts and Nevis labelled it as the impression of the 40-year-long friendship between the two nations. In the competition, the participants will have to submit photographs with good captions, which will be judged by the audience.
The competition will feature online voting, which is scheduled to run from September 15 to September 30, 2023. The competition results will be announced on October 9, 2023.
READ HERE: Guidelines of Commemorative Stamp Competition
- The participants will have to submit an iconic, high-resolution photograph with a caption that can demonstrate, highlight, or symbolise the close ties and friendly cooperation between SKN and Taiwan. It should be emailed to SKNTW40@gamil.com before midnight September 14, 2023.
- By participating in this competition, the contestant authorises other non-commercial use of the submitted images by the Taiwanese Embassy in St Kitts and Nevis.
KNOW HERE: Prizes for winners of the competition
Taiwan in St Kitts and Nevis also announced the prizes for the competition:
- The winner of the first place will be awarded with EC$1,000+ VIVE Focus 3 VR Headset. The market value of the price is US$1,096.
- The winner of the second place will be given EC$800+ Acer Swift X laptop on notebook. The market value of the price is US$896.
- The third-place winner will get EC$700+ ASUS vivobook 13 sale OLED. The market value of the price is US$656.
- The fourth winner will be awarded with EC$600+ ASUS Zembeam S2 LED wireless projector (market value US$500).
- People with other positions will get EC$300+ Special Souvenir.
The photos of the winners of the first, second and third place will be proposed for commemorative stamps for the 40th anniversary of the establishment of the diplomatic ties between St Kitts and Nevis and Taiwan.
The photos will also be used in the 2024 calendar produced by the Taiwanese Embassy.
RELATIONS BETWEEN ST KITTS AND NEVIS AND TAIWAN
For 40 years, the government and people of St Kitts and Nevis and Taiwan have shared great collaborations and expertise in several matters of concern. Their diplomatic ties were clearly seen in their partnership in areas such as renewable energy, health, training, people empowerment, diplomacy, climate change, cultural exchange, and education.
Taiwan launched several developmental projects in St Kitts and Nevis to bring education opportunities for remote communities. The projects such as Let’s Recycle in St Kitts and Nevis and Taiwan Expo 2023.
These projects are aimed at bringing educational opportunities, harnessing emerging tech gaps, enhancing health facilities and protecting renewable resources in St Kitts and Nevis.
The entire scenario marked the level of friendship between Taiwan and St Kitts and Nevis and showcased their 40 years of togetherness. Prime Minister Dr. Terrance Drew and Premier of Nevis- Mark Brantley also appreciated Taiwan for their continuous support to the country.
Premier Brantley once said that the entire world needs friends like Taiwan.