Castries, Saint Lucia: Saint Lucia is home to the stunning beauty of a coastal paradise, where the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea meet breathtaking views. On top of that, its unmissable capital Castries offers endless experience of travelling.
The capital city of Saint Lucia is an ideal spot for history, culture, or just soaking up the sun on a beautiful beach. The travellers who visit Saint Lucia must experience nine adventures in Castries, providing them with exceptional memories.
READ: Here are nine unmissable experiences in CASTRIES:
Visit Castries Market:
Travellers must visit Castries Market for a tempting array of fresh produce, tasty eats and souvenirs. Notably, Saturdays are usually the busiest days at Castries Central Market.
It will provide the ultimate experience of how a market can be beautiful with its extravagant activities.
Enjoy panoramic views at Morne Fortune:
It is a historic hilltop fortress dating back to the 1700s. Morne Fortune or ‘Hill of Good Luck’, is the mountain which rises behind the capital, Castries, giving spectacular views of the city below.
On the way up – car or taxi recommended, travellers pass the British Colonial-style Governor General’s Residence, which is worth a photo.
Taste authentic Caribbean cuisine at Pink Plantation House
The cuisine of Saint Lucia is memorable and exceptional. It is famed for serving home-cooked family recipes.
See the stunning stained glass windows:
It will also offer intricate wood carvings at The Minor Basilica of the Immaculate Conception – the largest Cathedral in the Caribbean from the 1800s.
Hike through rainforests on the En Bas Saut Trail to a hidden waterfall
It is absolutely stunning and consists of wildlife that they saw – forest crabs, lots of birds, interesting insects and lots of lovely plants. The waterfall was gorgeous and refreshing.
It is about a 35-minute hike down a lot of stairs in a beautiful setting and travellers eventually get to a beautiful deserted waterfall that is basically untouched.
Stroll through the Derek Walcott Square:
It is named after the celebrated Saint Lucian poet and playwright.
Soak up the sunshine at Vigie Beach, Reduit Beach and Choc Beach.
The beaches are pretty typical tourist beaches – watersports for hire, chairs and umbrellas, a couple of beach bars and restaurants, etc. The country is known for beautiful white and black sand beaches, such as Reduit Beach, Anse Chastanet, and Sugar Beach.
Get treated to a meal at the elegant Coal Pot restaurant
The restaurant is filled with elegance and a captivating ambience. It offers first-class editions to the visitors with an exciting menu of meals.
Zip through the rainforest at Rainforest Adventures, just 25 minutes from Castri
Rainforests Adventures is known as an exceptional and sustainable experience for travellers visiting Saint Lucia.
Saint Lucia is a country of lush greenery and experiences an endless summer like never before. It is the place where lush greenery invites travellers to enjoy an eternal summer.
Additionally, some highlights of Saint Lucia included:
- The Pitons: The country consists of Iconic volcanic spires, Gros Piton and Petit Piton, which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Rainforests and waterfalls: It is home to Lush rainforests with waterfalls like Toraille, Diamond, and Sault.
- Soufrière Volcano and Sulphur Springs: The world’s only drive-in volcano and nearby geothermal springs.
- Castries and Rodney Bay: The lively capital city, Castries, and the bustling marina area of Rodney Bay.
- Fort Charlotte (Morne Fortune): There is highest defense fort in Saint Lucia, overlooking the capital city with panoramic views.
- Pirates of the Caribbean film shooting location: Marigot Bay in Saint Lucia was used as a filming site, along with other Caribbean locations like Dominica, Puerto Rico, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.