Valletta, Malta: Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Health- Chris Fearne took to his social media and expressed gratitude to the donors who gave blood in the last seven days.
He stated that around 473 people donated their blood in the last seven days and contributed to the enhancement of the health sector in Malta. Chris Fearne also called the donation- the best form of generosity and expressed pleasure in making their donation to save lives.
Chris Fearne added that it is tough to think about others and contribute to saving the lives of other people. So every donation made with good hearts and intentions is always worth it.
Through his social media, Chris Fearne added, “A big thank you to the 473 donors who gave blood in the last seven days. Every donation saves lives. This is the best form of generosity. ”
While extending gratitude, Chris Fearne wrote in the caption,” Thanks again,” to admire people who made such a big donation.
Maltese Health Ministry also issued guidelines to make significant donations of blood in the country.
- One has to be between 17 years and 65 years to donate blood in Malta.
- 17-year-old people are allowed to make a donation but with the consent of their parents and their legal guardian. The form issued by the health ministry should be duly filled out and signed by either parents/legal guardians.
- People who are 65 years or above and until their 70th birthday may donate, but the intervals between donations should not exceed one year. New donors above 65 years are not allowed to donate.
- The donor must be in general good health and not suffering from serious health issues in recent times while making donations.
- Persons on medication have to present the names of the medication to the doctor.
- Persons who were born in Malaria endemic countries are not allowed to donate blood.
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Health- Chris Fearne worked efficiently to uplift the health sector of Malta. With his several initiatives, the Maltese health sector comes under the good eyes of the people. It has been recognised across the globe due to its incredible health facilities and modern techniques. The death rate is low in entire Europe.
Due to Chris Fearne and its efficent leadership, Malta ranked fifth in its health sector globally. Several significant decisions have been enforced by Deputy PM Fearne. He eyes to provide exemplary healthcare facilities to the Maltese people.
Minister Fearne also took incredible steps to efficiently respond to the COVID-19 pandemic as he encouraged the general population of the country to obtain their vaccines, highlighting their significance in the battle against the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the efforts of Fearne and his ministry, Malta now contains decreased number of COVID-19 infections. Also, the death rate of Malta is among the lowest countries in the entire European region, which has been below 800 since the beginning of the pandemic. The Health Minister, as well as the government, gathered praise for their way of restraining and handling the COVID-19 virus.