Roseau, Dominica: Dominica Youth Business Trust has launched the “Entrepreneurship Development Programme” and invited applications for registration. The programme will be run from March 6, 2023, to 31, 2023 with an aim to target the people who have a business idea and wants their perfect start-ups.
The theme of the EDP is” Targeting youth interested in starting a business.” The programme will target persons who are between the age of 18 to 35. The deadline to fill out the registration form is February 6, 2023.
Dominica Youth Business Trust asked people to sign up now for their programme to take proper guidance regarding their startups. The DYBT through this Facebook Page also shared the proper procedure of filling out the registration and stated that people can visit their office or scan the QR code to register today.
The programme is the initiative of the government of Dominica in the field of business and entrepreneurship. The motive of the programme is to target young minds who want their career as business professionals but are waiting for true guidance and training. The programme will provide efficient training and outline ways to start and grow the business with effective plans and strategies. It will also provide the basic guidelines on investment and financing criteria to start any business idea.
The programme will feature different training sessions which will be based on the following:
- Market Research: The first session will contain the full study of the market research. The trainers will outline the effective ways to know the nature of the market and how they could get the proper information about the market. The programme will feature training on the problems associated with market research. They will also be taught the procedure to carry out the research of the market efficiently.
- Business Plan Development: The second session will include the proper study of the plans, techniques and strategies to progress the business effectively. The sessions is significant as students will get the guidance and ways to plans out the strategies for the growth of their business and start-ups. The training session will empower their business with strategic approach.
- Export Market Access: The idea of the market access and its export will be taught in the development programme.
- Intellectual property: The session will feature the ways of showing smartness while doing business.
- Digital Marketing Basics: The students will get the lesson of using the digitization for the growth of their business effectively. It will provide them basic knowledge about the digital market and how they can grow their business by using it.
The training sessions will also include the training on the ways of tackling various challenges during the startup and grow the business at the significant level. It will provide basic knowledge of the business and encourage them to start their own product and take it to the branding level.
The venue of the training is 42 Kennedy Avenue in Roseau, Dominica and people can also contact 266-3768. While inviting the application and outlining the motive behind the training programme, DYBT asserted,” Upcoming Entrepreneurial Development Programme Training (EDP) for persons who have a business idea and want to turn it into a business and can apply today either in person, on our website, or speak to your youth officer in your district.”
People can also register on their website which is www.dybt.gov.dm or scan the QR code on the flyer given on their Facebook Page.
Melissa Skerrit- Parliamentary Representative for Roseau Central Constituency also asked the young entrepreneurs to register for the development programme and get encouraged for their start-ups. Fenella Wenham- Parliamentary Representative for Portsmouth Constituency asked the people to get registered. She added, ”Let us get your business started”