Roseau, Dominica: Dominica Grammar School secured a win in Secondary School netball at the CHS Grounds on Friday, January 20, 2023. Sports Division shared the results of the games.
Kenya John and the rest of the Convent girls were unstoppable, whilst DGS secured a win in Secondary School netball at the CHS Grounds on Friday to close off a busy week of school sports.
- Match 1 – Dominica Grammar School defeated Wesley High School 9 – 5.
- Rochelle Marshall 5 and Selena Wayland 4 scored for DGS, Zaheer Langford 4 was the main scorer for WHS.
- Match 2 – Convent High School A had a commanding win over the Goodwill Secondary School 42 – 4.
- Kenya John scored 40 and Beata Vidal 2 for CHS whilst Mia Dangler 2 was the main scorer for CHS.
The Sports Division Continues With Preparation For Regional Under 16 Netball The girls preparing for the Regional Under 16 netball tournament continued with preparations earlier today with another training session.
The 2023 Caribbean Netball Association Regional under-16 tournament will be held at the Windsor Park Stadium forecourt from March 25 to April 1. The Sports Division selected over 30 students from its school’s programme in preparation for the tournament, training commenced in December.
Today, the students were involved in a physical fitness session at the Botanic Gardens followed by a hard court session at the CHS Grounds. Following refreshments and snacks, the students were transported home.
Sports Division of Dominica shared the update through its Facebook account on various sporting events. The events such as Netball, Football and Volleyball are going on in the various sporting fields of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
Volleyball at the Isaiah Thomas Secondary School ground, ITSS BOYS vs ACADEMIX BOYS. The green backdrop depicts Dominica’s natural beauty, the scenic village of St.Joseph with the Surprise and Mero beaches along the coastline; in the distance one can see the majestic Morne Diablotin, Dominica’s highest mountain, one of many that forms our rugged terrain.
Portsmouth Secondary School enjoyed favourable results in the Secondary Schools Netball championship on Thursday 19th.
Two matches were played at Wesley:
In the Unde-r16 division, Portsmouth Secondary 14 to North East Comprehensive 9.
- Scorers for PSS were, Jerrel Benjamin 9 and Lemyah Forde 5.
- Scorers for NECS were, Earlandra Tavenier 5 and Kaydine Wilkinson 4.
- In the Under 20 division, PSS 16 to NECS 15.
- Scorers for PSS were, Talisa St.Louis 12 and Aliandra Burton 4.
- Kelly Nation 4 and Earlandra Tavenier 7 were the scorers for NECS