Roseau, Dominica: The Dominica Association of Industry and Commerce (DAIC) invited the application for the position of executive director. The deadline for the submission of the form is January 13, 2023.
DAIC is the leading private sector representative body in Dominica, with membership across various sectors and industries.
With over 49 years of history, its objective is to foster economic growth and social development, promote and protect the commercial interests of the State and represent members of Government. The Chamber’s registered office is located at Unit L3 1& 2, Prevost Cinemall, Roseau, Dominica. DAIC is also a member of the Caribbean Chambers of Commerce (CARICHAM).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE OF DOMINICA PROFILE SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, or a related field
2. At least three years working with the private sector
3. Knowledge of the structure of the private and public sector
4. Strong public speaking and presentation skills in the citizens of Dominica.
5. Strong ability to foster teamwork and collaboration between/among Board members, staff, Chamber members, community leaders, elected officials and strategic committees and organizations
6. Strong Executive and supervisory skills, including the ability to plan, organize, lead, delegate, and monitor
7. Ability to prepare and manage a budget, analyze organization performance and project financial performance
8. Competence in bookkeeping or accounting and use of accounting software
9. Passion for collaboration and networking locally, regionally and globally
10. Strong digital skills and use of technology to include virtual meeting and social media management, Canva, Microsoft Office and Google Suite
11. Strong marketing skills with knowledge of various performance factors including the ability to represent the objectives and activities of the Chamber in various formats
12. Commitment to the best business practices for the Chamber in an ethical and professional manner
13. Strong diplomacy skills and ability to navigate challenging situations
2023 has already begun with energy and excitement at the Chamber. Last year, we hosted 4 Membership Networking events and this year, we will continue with the same vigor.
Olive Strachan Consultancy will host our next Membership Networking Event on Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at the Prevo Cinemall from 5:00 PM.
Come along to this event where Olive Strachan will share with you her award-winning Global Leadership programme. This experience is ideal for General Managers/CEOs, Human Resource Managers and others in managerial roles in Dominica.
This Global Leadership Programme includes: leading behavior, leading through challenging times, leading communication and performance management in Dominica.
At this event, experience innovation and satisfy your taste buds with Beno’s Golden Pieces who provides a variety of smoked meat. It was a hit at the last event so do ensure to satisfy your taste bud.