Roseau, Dominica: After the relaxation of the COVID-19 restrictions by the government of the Commonwealth of Dominica, a famous supermarket and departmental store in Roseau Central- Astaphans has also announced the revised guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic for unvaccinated staff members on Monday, April 4, 2022.
The company has mandated the testing of the COVID-19 pandemic for the unvaccinated staff every two weeks. The test will be done at the expense of the employee.
While informing about the decision, the company issued the notice which reads, “We remind you that should this test not be done within three days of the company’s request, the company will conclude that you have voluntarily terminated your employment.
It further stated that the decision has been taken in light of the COVID-19 pandemic while keeping the safety of everyone in mind. “We make reference to Section 8 – “Reservation of right” in our pandemic/epidemic policy dated September 3, 2021. This clause states, “Management reserves the right to request any employee, at any time, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, to submit to a COVID test as a means of ensuring the health and safety of the workforce and the general public.”
While issuing the various guidelines for the unvaccinated people, Astaphans asserted:
- Employees who are fully vaccinated (14 days after 2nd dose) are to get tested once a month until further advised by management of any changes to the testing schedules.
- Staff members who do not comply with the mandatory testing schedules will not be allowed to report to work until such time that they submit a negative antigen/PC test.
- We remind you that should this test not be done within 3 days of the company’s request; the company will conclude that you have voluntarily terminated your employment.
- Staff are to await the results of their COVID test and submit a negative antigen/PC test prior to reporting/returning to work. You are not to report to work if you do not have your test results back.
- Test results are to be sent via WhatsApp to HR and your respective supervisors/managers. We encourage all to know your status and practice all the health protocols. Anyone found in breach of the above or any other company policies will face disciplinary actions.