ROSEAU, Dominica: Following a successful holiday travel season and the numerous travel awards and accolades received in 2022, the Discover Dominica Authority will be sharing quarterly travel updates to raise awareness of the travel options available to the many travelers planning to visit the destination.
December marked the one-year anniversary of American Airlines’ direct, nonstop service to Nature Island (DOM) from Miami International Airport (MIA), making it easier than ever for US travelers to get to Nature Island.
Due to the ongoing challenges in assets and pilot availability, beginning Wednesday, January 11, the flight schedule will change as follows:
o January 11-February 2, 3x weekly (Mon/Wed/Sat)
o February 3 – April 3, 4x weekly (Mon/Wed/Sat/Sun)
The current flight schedule is available on aa.com; American Airlines is making updates based on the availability of aircraft and resources and will be releasing the schedule for the remainder of the year in the coming months.
2. InterCaribbean continues to expand its services in the Eastern Caribbean with the addition of new routes, jet service and larger ATR aircraft. InterCaribbean will continue with 22 flights weekly in and out of Dominica (DOM) as follows:
3. LIAT Airlines offers service from Thursday through Monday. LIAT also recently increased service to Dominica(DOM) on Fridays from Barbados (BGI) to Dominica(DOM) onward to Antigua (ANU) and changed its schedule on Saturday from Antigua (ANU) via St. Kitts (SKB) to Dominica (DOM). On Saturdays, LIAT now offers two outbound options to Antigua (ANU) and Barbados (BGI).
4. Caribbean Airlines maintains its schedule from Trinidad (POS) to Nature Isle direct and onward to Barbados on Thursdays and Trinidad (POS) via Barbados (BGI) to Dominica (DOM) and back to Trinidad (Pos) on Mondays.
There are currently seats available into Dominica on the February 16 flight into Dominica for Dominica’s Carnival “Mas Domnik” Celebrations. Air Antilles will maintain its current schedule of three rotations in and out of Dominica from Guadeloupe (PTP) on Tue/Thu/Sat and in partnership with Winair, the three weekly rotations on Tue /Thu /Sat between Dominica and St. Maarten (SXM).
In addition to airlift, travelers can also arrive to Dominica via ferry service from nearby islands.
5. L’exoress des iles ferry service will maintain 5x return services per week with both Guadeloupe (Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun) and Martinique (Wed-Sun) in and out of Dominica and four return services per week with Saint Lucia (Thu-Sun). Additional services may be added for Carnival and Easter, so travelers are advised to check the website for updates.
6. Valferry will maintain its twice per week rotations on Sun/Fri between both Guadeloupe and Martinique (Saint Pierre) and Dominica. Please note additional service may be added for Carnival.
For more information on Dominica, visit Dominica’s official website at www.discoverdominica.com explore the destination’s YouTube Page and follow Dominica on Instagram and Facebook
Dominica (pronounced Dom-in-EEK-a) recently ranked by Forbes as the top travel destination for 2023, lies in the Eastern Caribbean between Guadeloupe to the north and Martinique to the south.
Air travelers can connect to Nature Island direct from Miami on American Airlines, and make regional connections on Air Antilles, Air Sunshine, Coastal Air Transport, InterCaribbean Airways, LIAT, Caribbean Airlines, Silver Airways-(Code share: American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue), from the surrounding hubs of Antigua, Barbados, Guadeloupe, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, Saint Lucia, the Britsh Virgin Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
If travelling by sea, travelers may connect to Nature Island on L’Express des lles ferry service from Guadeloupe, Martinique, and Saint Lucia, and on Val’ Ferry from Guadeloupe and Martinique.
Anglina Byron, developed a deep-seated passion for journalism. Anglina is recognized for her tenacity, strength, and unwavering commitment to delivering honest and reliable news across the Caribbean. She covers general affairs of the region.
St Kitts Electricity Company Limited has announced its Platinum Sponsorship for Sugar Mas 52 with…
Prime Minister Dr Roosevelt Skerrit extended condolences on the sudden demise of Dr Carissa F…
Saint Lucia team has participated in the latest edition of Legender Drag Race 2023. It…
St Kitts and Nevis: St Kitts welcomed the cruise ship Silver Nova on Thursday at…
The Bahamas Aids foundation hosted the Candlelight Vigil 2023 on Thursday,30th November 2023 at the…
Rock the Runway is all set to take place in St Kitts and Nevis on…