Caribbean: CARICOM WEEK is all set to be staged from April 30 to May 6, 2023, under the theme- “50 years strong- A Solid Foundation to Build on”. The activities in the week will celebrate the 50 years of CARICOM with 15 members states and five associate members.
Directorate General for Foreign Trade, Belize took to Facebook and shared the calendar of activities. It added,” CARICOM WEEK from 30 APRIL – 6 MAY 2023 under the theme 50 Years Strong: A Solid Foundation to Build on.”
On 4 July 2023, CARICOM is celebrating its 50th Anniversary with 15 Member States and 5 Associate Members. Belize has been a member of CARICOM since 1 May 1974.
On SUNDAY- 30 APRIL: The events will be held ALL DAY
- Church Services: Nationwide
On TUESDAY, 2 MAY, 2023: The events will be started at 7:00 A.M.
- Reflections on CARICOM by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade: Open Your Eyes and Sun Up Morning Shows.
- Mobile Clinic for CARICOM Skill’s Certificate: Galen University – 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
On WEDNESDAY, 3 MAY, 2023: The events will be started at 2:00 P.M.
- CARICOM High Level Forum
- Unveiling of the CARICOM painting
- The Auditorium, Leigh Richardson Building, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
On THURSDAY, 4 MAY, 2023: The event will be held ALL DAY
- Mobile Clinic for CARICOM Skill’s Certificate: The University of Belize
- Free Coffee Drink: Every 50th customer receives a free coffee drink at Formos, Wings Feathers Café and BakeD
- CARICOM Poetry Night: The National Heritage Library in Belmopan – 6 p.m.
On FRIDAY, 5 MAY, 2023: The event will be held at 6:30 A.M.
- Grace Cooking Show: Featuring a dish from Trinidad and Tobago on Open your Eyes Morning Show
On SATURDAY, 6 MAY, 2023: The event will be held at 6:00 A.M.
- CARICOM Solidarity Run: Marion Jones Sporting Complex, Belize City
Throughout the week of 2-6 May, CARICOM radio ads on Free Movement of Goods will be aired on Love FM, major local news stations and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade’s Facebook page.
Anglina Byron, developed a deep-seated passion for journalism. Anglina is recognized for her tenacity, strength, and unwavering commitment to delivering honest and reliable news across the Caribbean. She covers general affairs of the region.