Roseau, Dominica: Dominica announced the Land Link Initiative to attract investments and foster socio-economic development. Land Investment Opportunities proposed during the fiscal Budget Debate 2023/24.
Melissa Skerrit- Minister of Housing and Urban Development of Dominica, shared an update on the programme.
READ HERE: Budget Measures for Land Link Initiative
- The government of Dominica announced The Best of Both Worlds “Luxe Land Link”- Land Offer Programme.
- Land Link Initiative will attract investments and foster socio-economic development.
- It is designed to entice Diasporans and visitors to reside and invest, particularly in the agricultural sector.
- The initiative will strategically leverage the abundant land resources across three crucial areas: commercial, residential, and agricultural.
- Offer land for sale at competitive rates.
- Streamlined and fast-tracked to expedite Administrative Processes.
- Invest in the necessary infrastructure, such as roads, electricity, and water supply, to support commercial, residential, and agricultural activities on the purchased property.
- Looking at making lands available in the rapidly developing Warner area, and in Cotton Hill, Portsmouth, through a partnership with the Dominica Social Security.
- Through specialized Investor Support Services at the Invest Dominica Authority and a dedicated agent within the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, the government of Dominica will provide guidance, information, and resources to interested parties, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience.
Melissa Skerrit said that further details on the project will be forthcoming.
Earlier, Melissa Skerrit also announced the housing programme for the nurses under Nursing The Dream.” She said that several measures will be implemented for the housing programme of Dominica.
As per the budget, an impediment for many people, especially young people, who would like to build their own homes is the affordability of land. The government has already implemented measures to help reduce those costs, particularly as relates to land transfer fees.
The government will go further now and will make available at least 500 lots for sale in various communities, at a reduced cost, to public officers. This, along with the favourable rates provided for public officers at the Government Housing Loans Board, will significantly enhance the prospects for public officers to own their own homes.