Beaches Buccament Bay set to reopen its doors in St Vincent

Published by
Anglina Byron

St Vincent and the Grenadines: The Buccament Bay resort is all set to reopen in St Vincet and the Grenadines in the first quarter of 2024. After reponing, it will be termed “Beaches Buccament Bay”.

The resort will open its doors in collaboration with Sandals Resorts International. The Buccament Bay resort closed in 2016 but was purchased by Sandals Resorts International in 2020.

Now, the resort has been conducting necessary construction work and making it more flourish, luxurious. The opening date has not been announced. This all-inclusive luxury beach hotel is located in St Vincent, and is a holiday destination for all the family.

It offers a variety of activities to cater for all interests, including the Liverpool Football Club Soccer School, Pat Cash Tennis Academy, the Harlequin Performing Arts Academy and The Spa with treatments by ESPA.

Finance minister of St Vincent and the Grenadines Camillo Gonsalves assured a high-level Sandals Resorts International (SRI) team that all is going well with the Sandals hotel under construction at Buccament Bay. He added that it would be second to none.

Prime Minister of St Vincent and the Grenadines Ralph Gonsalves pursued the Stewart family to bring their Caribbean resort chain to SVG. Sandals St Vincent currently employs 725 people on the hotel site, 60 per cent of them from St Vincent and the remaining 40 per cent from overseas.

This 303-room hotel will be the ninth in the growing Sandals chain that the finance minister said would, in short order, become the largest private employer of labour there.

Earlier, Tourism Minister, Carlos James; Minister of Finance, Camillo Gonsalves and Parliamentary Representative for Central Leeward, Orando Brewster joined PM Gonsalves on tour at the Sandals Resort construction site at Buccament Bay.

The technical team outlined that access to the beach will not be an issue when Sandals becomes operational.

At least eight hundred Vincentians are expected to benefit from permanent employment upon the completion of the Sandals Resort at Buccament Bay.

This is according to Terence Des Vignes, the Regional Project Director of Sandals International. He shared this during a brief tour of the project site on Friday, joined by Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves and members of the media.

Recent Posts

SKELEC announces its Platinum Sponsorship for Sugar Mas 52

St Kitts Electricity Company Limited has announced its Platinum Sponsorship for Sugar Mas 52 with…

2 hours ago

PM Roosevelt Skerrit extends condolences over demise of Dr Carissa F Etienne

Prime Minister Dr Roosevelt Skerrit extended condolences on the sudden demise of Dr Carissa F…

4 hours ago

Saint Lucia participates in Legender Drag Race 2023

Saint Lucia team has participated in the latest edition of Legender Drag Race 2023. It…

18 hours ago

St Kitts welcomes Silver Nova cruise ship at Port Zante

St Kitts and Nevis: St Kitts welcomed the cruise ship Silver Nova on Thursday at…

19 hours ago

Bahamas Aids foundation hosts the Candlelight Vigil 2023

The Bahamas Aids foundation hosted the Candlelight Vigil 2023 on Thursday,30th November 2023 at the…

19 hours ago

St Kitts and Nevis: Rock the Runway to feature local fashion designers

Rock the Runway is all set to take place in St Kitts and Nevis on…

21 hours ago