Barbados: The Barbados Immigration Department would be open to the general public of Barbados island from Saturday, August 14 2021.
The citizens would be able to now apply for & collect passports from the Barbados Immigration Department, on Princess Alice Highway, Bridgetown, between 9 am and 1 pm.
The Department has informed that the residents who want to apply for their passports on Saturdays may visit the Department’s website at www.immigration.gov.bb, and further can choose a date and time on that day, during the opening hours of the Department.
For those who want to collect their passports from the Department already now can also visit the Department’s office on Saturdays.
The Barbados Immigration Department has informed that all the COVID-19 protocols, including temperature checks & sanitizing, would be enforced for the people who would be paying a visit to the Department.
Following are the COVID-19 health protocols that the people would have to follow while visiting the Immigration Department –
- All visitors would be required to have their temperatures checked upon their arrival.
- All visitors would be required to sanitize their hands upon their arrival.
- Only individuals doing business with the Department would be allowed to enter.
- In order to reduce time spent being screened at the scanner, visitors are needed to travel only with items essential for transacting their business.
- All visitors are also required to wear masks (disposable/cloth) while conducting business at the Immigration Department.
- Visitors are further required to maintain social distancing and stay at least 6 feet away from other individuals.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the Barbados Immigration Department has implemented the following online appointment system for the citizens –
- Passport applications by appointments only to be scheduled by visiting the Department’s website at – www.immigration.gov.bb.
- All queries related to Barbados Passports may be sent to the email address – [email protected].
- The Saturday passport application & the collection services are suspended until further notice.