Bahamas: The capital of the Bahamas, Nassau will once again welcome the world’s best sprinters on May 4 and 5, 2024, for the World Athletics Relays as countries compete for relay spots at the 2024 Paris Olympics.
The Nassau schedule includes five relays: men’s and women’s 4x100m and 4x400m, plus the combined 4x400m and there will be 32 teams for each event.
The top eight teams in each discipline of the Budapest ’23 World Championship will automatically get entry to the World Relays Nassau 24. The host country will be able to enroll one team in each discipline.
The remaining teams (to reach number 32) will be determined through lists for the qualifying period (January 1, 2023 to Sunday April 7, 2024). Beginning October 1, 2023, World Athletics will be maintaining a weekly list of qualified relay teams as above.
The top 14 World Athletics Relays Nassau 24 teams will automatically qualify for the Paris 2024 Olympics. The two remaining places in each discipline will be awarded on the basis of top grading during the qualifying period (December 31, 2022 – June 30, 2024).
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT WORLD ATHLETICS RELAYS NASSAU 24
- Host by the Bahamas from 4th to 5th of May 2024
- Comprises of five relay discipline (4×100,4×400 and Mixed 4×400)
- Top 8 teams for di World Athletics Championships Budapest automatically qualify for Nassau 24
- Di 24 other teams go determine by Top list between January 1 2023 to April 7 2024
- Top 14 teams for di World Athletics Relays automatically qualify for Paris 2024 Olympic Games
- Two opportunities to qualify for Nassau
- The remaining two spots to Paris go base on awarded on top list
Track and Field of St Kitts added that they have just reviewed the qualification system for the 2024 World Relay Championships and they are happy to share that the event will take place in their very own region, in the Bahamas. With this opportunity right at their doorstep, they in St Kitts-Nevis have the chance to reclaim their position as a leading force in relay competitions on a global scale.
The male relay team of St Kitts and Nevis has an outstanding record of achievements on the international stage, including a bronze medal in the 4 x 100m at the 2011 World Championships and a silver medal at the inaugural Relay Championships in 2014 when the Federation competed in the 4 x 200m.On May 4 & 5 2024, countries will compete for relay places at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.