Jamaica: Applications are now being accepted for the 2023-2025 Youth Advisory Council of Jamaica (YACJ). The deadline for the submission of the application is Friday, September 17, 2023 at 11: 59 pm.
The Ministry of Education and Youth of Jamaica said that the Youth Advisory Council is seeking persons who have demonstrated outstanding and consistent voluntary service relevant to the community and youth development.
The Youth Advisory Council of Jamaica (YACJ) is open to all Jamaican nationals between 18-27 years old, who are living in Jamaica and have demonstrated outstanding and consistent voluntary service relevant to the community and youth development.
The government of Jamaica also announced the eligibility criteria and said that the applicant must:
- The applicant should be a Jamaican National between 18-27 years of age
- They should be interested in public policy and national development
- They should have experience in youth leadership, development planning, and project management
- The applicant must be a member of a youth community organization or member of a special interest group
- The applicant must successfully initiate or actively participated in at least one (1) major youth/community development project over the past 12 months.
- The applicant must Demonstrate an interest in, and aptitude for basic research
- The applicant must possess an interest in GOJ policy development processes
- They should demonstrate an aptitude for event planning and project management
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate an interest in and an aptitude for strategic planning
- They should be able to demonstrate skills in negotiation and consensus building
- They should be of upstanding character
The applicant must submit all relevant documents as per the application guide
Applications will only be accepted electronically at: email@example.com
Prime Minister of Jamaica- Dr Andrew Holness also invited the eligible applicants for Youth Advisory Council of Jamaica. He said that the opportunity will provide perfect chance to the student to excel in different fields of the study. It will also provide the platform to increase education opportunities at several levels.