Antigua and Barbuda: Antigua and Barbuda is all set to host Tourism Week from December 3 to 11, 2022, under the theme “ONE TEAM, ONE VISION”. The Ministry of Tourism and Investment also shared the schedule of the events and week of activities.
The schedule of the event will be as follows:
- On December 3, 2022-Tourism week will be started with the first event named Service of Thanksgiving.
- On December 4, 2022– The second event will be Charity Golf Tournament to enhance the sporting spirit of sports lovers in Antigua and Barbuda.
- On December 5, 2022– The third event will be You for a Day and School Tour, and the authorities and the people will visit different schools to encourage the students and outline the importance of the studies.
- On December 6, 2022– The fourth event will be Tourism Blast Off to boost the tourism sector.
- On December 7, 2022– In order to celebrate Barbuda and its authentic culture, Tourism Week will also feature Barbuda Day.
- On December 9, 2022– The second last event will be Taste of Wadadli
- On December 11, 2022– The last event for Tourism week will be Tourism Awards Gala. At the Gala, the winners of the event will be awarded.
Antigua and Barbuda Hotels and Tourism Association stated that the country is on the countdown to one of the highly anticipated competitive events on the calendar – The Charity Golf Tournament.
The tourism association also asked the people to mark the date as Sunday, December 4, 2022. People were invited to come and celebrate a morning full of team spirit, golf, fun and entertainment, all while supporting a worthy cause – The Industrial Workshop for the Blind.
“Don’t miss the opportunity to come out and support your favourite team. Tee off time is 9:00 am, “said the ministry.
Following are the names of the second set of Team Players and Sponsors:
- Team Antigua and Barbuda Tourism
- Team Automotive Art Antigua
- Team Antigua and Barbuda Sotheby’s International Realty
- Team Cedar Valley Golf Club
- Team Elite Island Resorts
The event was recently launched via ABS TV’s Antigua Barbuda Morning Show and partnership amongst government and private tourism stakeholders is evident in the schedule of events.