Antigua and Barbuda: Antigua and Barbuda invited students between the ages of 5-17 to participate “Schools’ Art competition” under the theme- “Culture in colour.” The competition is part of the country’s first art week, and students will be awarded prizes.
Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority shared the update and stated, “Students in Antigua and Barbuda between the ages of 5 – 17 are invited to enter the art competition under the theme ‘Culture in Colour’.”
THEME: CULTURE IN COLOUR
- Objectives: To allow students the opportunity to explore Antigua and Barbuda’s culture by being a part of Antigua and Barbuda’s first Art Week.
- Prizes: Industry prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each category.
- Categories: Ages 5-12 and Ages 13-17
Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority also announced the rules of the competition which are as follows:
- To be eligible the artwork should be no smaller than 14″ x 14″ and no
- larger than 14″ x 16″.
- Only one entry per student is permitted.
- The entry can be a painting or a drawing using quick-drying paint, watercolour/acrylic paint, crayon pencils/wax crayons or collage.
- Entry may be submitted on Manilla Paper, Water-Colour Paper or Bristol Board.
- The following information should be clearly included at the back of each entry: “Theme”, Name of Child, Child’s Age, Name of Parent,
- Name of School, Name of Teacher, Contact Number, Summary
- Description of the poster.
- PLEASE DO NOT WRITE ANY OF THIS INFORMATION ON THE FRONT OF THE POSTER.
The deadline for submitting the entries for the art competition is as follows:
- All artworks must be submitted to the address below no later than 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2023.
- The entries will be submitted at Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority, John E. St. Luce Finance and Conference Centre 2nd Floor Sir Sydney Walling Highway and the number is (268) 562-7600
With the first 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗮 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗯𝘂𝗱𝗮 𝗔𝗿𝘁 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸 which is scheduled to 𝘁𝗮𝗸e 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗔𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗹 𝟭𝟲 – 𝗔𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗹 𝟮𝟮, the tourism authority wanted to highlight, the vibrant Heather Doram Art of the country through different activities.
The 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗮 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗯𝘂𝗱𝗮 𝗔𝗿𝘁 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸 𝗘𝘅𝗵𝗶𝗯𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 which opens at The Boom at Gunpowder House on the evening of April 16, will feature some of the work of Heather Doram, one of Antigua and Barbuda’s leading contemporary artists and an extraordinary icon.