Antigua and Barbuda: Samantha N. Marshall, Member of Parliament (St. Mary’s South), Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Barbuda, extended greetings to all young athletes who represented Antigua and Barbuda at the recently held CARIFTA Games in Jamaica.
On Wednesday, May 4, 2022, Marshall attended the Cabinet, where all the athletes of the CARTIFA Games were present.
He stated, “Biggest congratulations to all our amazing young athletes who represented Antigua and Barbuda at the recently held CARTIFA Games.”
Marshall said, “A few joined us yesterday during the meeting of the Cabinet.”
He also outlined the names of the athletes who had joined the meeting and performed incredibly in the games. He shared the details and stated the athletes had won great medals in the games and represented Antigua and Barbuda.
The names are as follows:
- Geolyna Dowdy (U17 Girls 100M/200M)
- Dwayne Flemming (U17 Boys 100M/200M, Gold Medalist in 100M)
- Osei Gardener (U17 Boys 200M/400M Finalist)
- Alyssa Dyett (U20 Girls Triple Jump Bronze Medalist)
- Mia McIntosh (U20 Heptathlon)
- Ajani Daley (U20 Boys 100M/200M)
- Ethan Stubbs-Green (Boys 400M freestyle Silver Medalist, 200 Freestyle Bronze Medalist, 100M Butterfly Gold Medalist, and 200M Butterfly Gold Medalist).
He also mentioned various other players and stated that there is also, special mention of Craig Pendergast (U20 400M Hurdles, Bronze Medalist) and Ellie Shaw (Girls 13-14 Breaststroke Bronze Medalist) who were unable to attend.
He also shared photos on his social media in which it could be seen Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda Gaston Browne also joined them in the meeting. PM Browne also greeted the athletes and hailed them for their incredible performance.