Antigua and Barbuda: The Antigua and Barbuda Hotels and Tourism Association (ABHTA) has announced the partnership between the government of Jersey and Antigua and Barbuda to formalize an agreement to provide career development opportunities for Antiguan and Barbadian hospitality professionals as well as provide much-needed recruitment opportunities for Jersey companies.
While informing about the partnership, the office of the Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda noted,” Travel, Work and Enjoy the best experience abroad this summer, in the Channel Islands on the Island of Jersey”.
The island of Jersey is the largest of Channel Island; this island is found off the southern coast of England.
Benefits of the Programme:
- Opportunity to Travel Abroad for Free
- Develops Your Hospitality Skills
- Builds your Career
- Work and Earn
- Experience a New Culture
- The Jersey programme is only open to Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda.
The hospitality roles of the Jersey programme will create significant employment opportunities for the citizens of Antigua and Barbuda, and the hospitality roles that are open for employment are:
- Chefs – fully or partly trained and across multiple disciplines.
- Staff trained to fulfil middle operation management roles in hotels and restaurants.
- .Fully or partially trained front-line staff across multiple disciplines including, but not exclusive to Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Front of House.
Procedure to apply for the Jersey Programme:
- Have to Submit the resume of the citizen of Antigua and Barbuda to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is March 23rd 2022.
The resume will be reviewed by the authorities of the programme and state:
- Approved applicants will be interviewed.
- Applicants will be contacted once the interview is successful.
- Application and acceptance to the Jersey Project will not be finalized until all participants have completed their EASE training.
- This programme is provided FREE and is fully funded by the Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority.
“We will provide the support you need to have the most rewarding experience of your life in Jersey, ” stated the prime minister’s office.
If anyone wants to take information about the programme, people could contact the ABHTA now at 462-0374 for more details.